Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asset Case: Claims Filed vs. Credit Matrix

Hello All

I just came back from my mailbox and got a return to sender mail from my Federal BK Office. I am listed as the Mailer and it went to a creditor on my original credit matrix.

It is a copy of my panel trustee's final report which included her fee and the asset distribution to the 5 creditor who filed a claim against my asset. Problem is the return to sender is a creditor who did NOT file a claim. So my questions are:

Does every creditor on your credit matrix receive a copy of the asset distribution report regardless if they filed a claim or not?

Wouldn't that be a little of a "look at what you missed out on" if they did not file a claim? Granted I only have 1,550 to distribute after the trustee fees, what if it was 15,500?

Will this slow down/stop any asset distribution to the creditors who filed a claimed? Hence prolonging the close of my case.

This isn't going to keep me up at night, I am just curious.
    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Unless you were to have enough assets such that you could satisfy all your remaining creditors 100%, plus pay the trustee his commission (based on the creditors getting 100%), it wouldn't make a difference, as the trustee would be required to redistribute the proceeds. And yes, it would slow down the closing of your case.

Comment

An asset case is always slow to close. Much more paperwork. If they did not file as an interested party, they miss out. I'm not sure that they would not get the distribution letter though, but who cares. That is the Trustee's business. We were discharged but not closed for so long. See my sig for dates. You are doing fine. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi All

I took a few minutes to read all 6 pages I think I understand why it was sent to all creditors on the matrix, because I am an asset case all my creditors have 21 days to object to my panel trustee final report - hence her fee.

I have an VERY anti-pro se trustee, she filed everything on the last required day so I am figuring that because she filed her final report on 8.1.2011 any distrubtion of funds will not take place till after 8.22.2011 and my creditors have 90 days to "cash" the checks. Which would put me over one year for a "simple" BK before it closes.

I guess I just what this done and over with, but of course I pull an anti-pro se trustee who feels she needs to show me that I am not as smart as I think I am.

I know that discharge = freedom but close = closing the door to a life I will never go back to. I just wish it would be sooner then later.
        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Provided the creditor was listed and received notification of your filing, nothing else matters. If they had mail returned, it is their fault for not updating their information on your case. Odds are however though, that they are receiving their info electronically and don't even need the paper copies.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X