Car Picked Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Picked Up

I'm post discharge - the bank finally sent someone to pick up the car - the repo man wanted me to sign some papers - my attorney had told me that I didn't need to sign anything. I didn't sign anything, just gave him the keys - he did let me read the paper, and it stated that I would be responsible for any balance after auction - I was a chapter 7, discharged and closed, and explained that to him, and he said that I didn't need to sign then. He was very nice, and I was expecting them to come for the car. Anyone else ever asked to sign when the repo man picked up their car?

It's a pretty standard form (slated towards the creditor of course) that comes with the repo man.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

We had a car repoed and cooperated completely. We were called when he would be here. The person was nice and I had him do a walk around and he signed that he saw no injury to the car. I also photoed the car. I got a paper later that stated a voluntary return. I cosigned for that car. Let my bad experience be a lesson to others. Don't cosign for ANYONE.
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X