top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy cow Batman, the 341 meeting was actually.... OK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy cow Batman, the 341 meeting was actually.... OK!

Before I went to it today with my wife, my magnificent magnifying mind made the 341 meeting into a very scary thing, sort of like a cross between a Gestapo interogation and a fun time explaining healing herbs to the Spanish Inquisition. Alas, what a surprise it was when I got there! Packed courtroom, folks going up in ones and twos to be sworn in and asked (almost always) the exact same short list of questions. Some folks spent less than 2 minutes with the trustee, it was so amazingly simple!

Odd thing, most everyone who went up to the front of the courtroom was speaking in almost a whisper, like in a church or a room in a hospital where someone is dying. Geuss the whole crowd felt freaked out/nervous just like I did... Still, when our time came, we made it up front, got sworn in and had almost the exact experience that the previous zillion folks had. The only unusual questions I got were specific to our particular mess:

1. What happened to the boat? Gave it back to the bank because we were about $25K upside down in it.

2. What happened to the travel trailer? We sold it to pay off the note because we were upside down it it.

3. What happened to the plane? We sold it and used the money to pay off/down other debts about 3 years ago.

4. How did you come to the valuation of the rental property? I am a realtor, it is what I do all day.

One thing was different for us, I did not whisper at all, I spoke normally, not because I was not nervous but because I am at the stage where I do not give a flying (expletive here) what folks think about my BK anymore. I don't know if I expressed that correctly; I'm trying to say I have had enough with feeling like crap about my BK and I am ready to move on, capiche?

My lawyer says sometime around 10/15/11 we should be done; debt free in 2011! Nervous but getting better in Seattle, thanks y'all for listening!
    Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

Once again, another prime example of just how simple and smooth a 341 is when the filer is honest about their financial affairs.

BK is nothing to fear.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

congrats!
      Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
      The rebuilding begins

Comment

Nice write up! Thanks for sharing! I too, was scared of my 341 but it was smooth sailing for me as well...welcome to the 60 day club!
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Congratulations!!!! You're in the 60 Day Club.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! And best wishes Seattle!!!

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341!!

Mine is tomorrow.....
              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                Congrats on a smooth 341!!

Mine is tomorrow.....
                Congrats on a smooth 341.
                Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                Discharged: 11/30/2009
                Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Ahhhhh the Restart Button has been Pushed. good luck to you ....welcome to the 60 day countdown.
                  THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!
                  ok, i do believe we all know that tune.
                  filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                  "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X