Today is my 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is my 341

I'm very nervous. I hope it goes ok. I've even agonized over my clothing choice. lol

My lawyer won't be there today,some other lawyer that I've never met will. Is that normal? I've not met face to face with my lawyer since I saw her for my initial free consultation. Since then, I've dealt with 3 different paralegals, and this lawyer today. :-/

3 hrs from now is my moment of reckoning. Yikes.

You will do fine. It is not unusual that you have a sit in lawyer. They often do that to save money and one lawyer will speak for several people. Reason, it is that simple. Answer only questions asked. Yes, no, or short answer. It will take six to 12 minutes. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Best wishes jazzlady!!!!

Comment

Nothing to a 341 when you have been honest and open with everything. You'll do fine!
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Good luck! It really will be nothing...very quick and painless!
          5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
          7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
          9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
            Nothing to a 341 when you have been honest and open with everything. You'll do fine!
            Frogger is right. Many people get worked up over the 341, I know I did!! Lol! But the bottom line is be open and honest and you have nothing to worry about. Answer any questions asked, and do not offer information they do not ask for. My lawyer did not attend my 341, and the only bad thing was my nerves. It was nothing. So rest your nerves and good luck.
            8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
            11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

It went well! :-)

I was the 6th in line. The 1st 3 didn't go cause they were still waiting for their lawyers to show up. That left only 2 ahead of me. They were quick, and so was mine. He swore me in, asked me basic questions like do I stand to collect for anything accident related, do I have two bank accounts, etc. Even made a joke about my cat being worth only $20. lol

Minus the wait time, waiting for my turn, it took only about 2 minutes. I wasn't nervous, but I sure wanted to burst out laughing during the questions. Well, maybe that's what my nervousness manifested into. lol

Now I'm in the 60 day club????

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341!
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by jazzladyw View Post
                  Even made a joke about my cat being worth only $20.

Now I'm in the 60 day club????
                  Your cat only worth $20.00???????? You couldn't pay me to take another cat, much less place a positive value on one.

And yes. The 60 day club!
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Best wishes jazzlady!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys! :-)

And hush, frogger! My cat is worth MORE than $20 in my eyes. lol
                      Btw, my husband is on your side. lol

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the 60 day club! I didn't know you valued animals on the petition, had I known that my Bichon Frise would be valued at well of $1 million....LOL...course then my case would have been thrown out...haha
                        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by jazzladyw View Post
                          Thanks guys! :-)

And hush, frogger! My cat is worth MORE than $20 in my eyes. lol
                          Btw, my husband is on your side. lol
                          What can i say....my avatar says it ALL.
                          Good luck to you jazz....ain't it grand that your morning is over. 60 days and counting for you.
                          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I told you so!!!!! 'Hub
                            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X