just had my 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just had my 341

I have been a lurker on the site for many months and I have absorbed sooo much great information. So here is my short story about the 341.

In the meeting the trustee asked my wife and I our names and swore us in. He then asked about 3 more questions and said " I am abandoning my interest's in your assets. Thank you and good bye."

So does this mean we get to keep our house? We owe $235,000 and it is worth around 216,000. We were able to get a modification a year ago where they lowered the interest to 2% over 40 years and the payments have been on time ever since the modification.

The 341 lasted all of 2 minutes and I can't believe I lost so much sleep over it!

Outside in the hall my attorney said "You are done and have a good rest of your life."

So now do just wait for the 60 days or should I be looking for a surprise?

TIA

What are the three other questions that he asked?

Comment

1. Are these your signatures? 2. Did you list all of your debts? 3. Have you listed all of your assets? Boom! That was it

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the 60 day club!
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by ronsetoe View Post

So now do just wait for the 60 days or should I be looking for a surprise?
          Hurry up and wait.........
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats...and 2% over 40 years! Sounds like you should be in good shape for a long time.

Happy the 341 was painless. I would be elated!

Comment

The next 60 days will seem more like 600, but it sounds like you are home free. Congrats!

FYI - double-check your loan mod paperwork. Sounds like a HAMP modification at that interest rate, and if so the rate is temporary (3-5 years) before creeping up to a capped rate (usually around 4.5%, which is still awesome).

Comment

I agree with btbeme...check your paperwork carefully. Hard to imagine they would lock you in at 2% for the entire 40.

Comment

wow congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

it is 2% for 10 years then increases to 3% for ten then it maxes at 4%. I still have not heard anything from my lawyer or the trustee so I guess I get to keep my home. Like I said the trustee said in the 341 " I am abandoning my interest's in your assets. Thank you and good bye."

I guess he can't get much out of a 91 Camry with 342,000 and a 2000 corolla with 197,000

Comment

Originally posted by ronsetoe View Post
                      I guess he can't get much out of a 91 Camry with 342,000 and a 2000 corolla with 197,000
                      I'll give you $500 for the pair.

Comment

Congratulations on you successful 341! Welcome to the Forum!
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congratulations on an easy 341! Welcome to the 60 day club!
                          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                          Discharged: 11/30/2009
                          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Congratulations! This forum has truly being awesome for us! Our 341 is 9/6/11! I am not worried because of people sharing information like you have today! We are keeping our house, our mod last year was 40yrs fixed at 3.87%, so your mod was really good! I am happy with mine, it took 18 mths to get the mod but oh well! Good luck!
                            Down but not out!! filed c7 august 2011...341 september 2011... Unsecured debt over $100k.....bk attorney $1200.......bkforum.com Priceless!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X