Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 62

Day 62 and still no updates on Pacer.

Cases before and after mine are discharged but no news on mine - starting to look scary.

My discharge wasn't exactly at the 60 day mark either...patience...take a deep breath, it will come
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

To quote a board-famous amphibian, "Bankruptcy is a process not an event."

It is easier said than done, I know, but try to relax and keep your mind busy.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

My 60 day mark was on 8/1/2011 and it didn't discharge until 8/24/11. I was biting my nails the entire time too but it appears as though the reason for waiting was due to a reaffirmation on our first mortgage. It was filed on 8/4/11 (the day the clerk told me my case would have discharged had the reaffirmation not been filed). The court objected to the discharge and denied the reaffirmation as it wasn't filed timely and gave a 10 day deadline to file an extension. So according to the clerk, we had to wait that out. Basically, there was nothing wrong, just waiting. If nothing has been filed on the docket (objections, etc) you are probably fine (at least that's what i kept telling myself).

Comment

I'm on Day 67. No objections thus far. I am on this site hoping to discover if anybody here has information as to if the CA courts are backed up.

Comment

We were discharged this morning. Day 60 was on the 7th, so we were 7 days past.

Comment

CONGRATS AND BEST WISHES!!!!! murphsmom!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats! I am still patiently waiting for my turn to come.

Comment

My filing date was 5/31/11. The trustee extended his time to file a Sec. 7 complaint by 120 days! New discharge date is 12/20/11.

Comment

Hi...any idea as to why?

Originally posted by gosaints View Post
                    My filing date was 5/31/11. The trustee extended his time to file a Sec. 7 complaint by 120 days! New discharge date is 12/20/11.

Comment

I brought the required info to the 341 meeting. He requested additional info at the meeting. I later provided the additional info as a supplement to what was provided initially. Big mistake. I assumed the trustee would combine the info, he did not! So he filed an extension to file the complaint. I'm cooperating with him and hope this will end soon. Has been a pretty miserable experience, only because it's an asset case.

Has anyone ever heard of a trustee taking assets, then dismissing the BK7?

Comment

Congrats murphsmon, hapy for you! I have 12 days to go for 60, ugh!

Comment

I am on Day 68 now. I noticed on PACER that similar no asset cases that were filed same day/after mine received discharges from on the 13th /14th. I ended up calling the courthouse to find out if something was wrong and/or not updated on PACER and found out that because I had a continuance of the 341 and a motion for relief hearing documented that it can push the case farther back. This information contradicted what my lawyer's paralegal had told me when he somewhat pressured me into the continuance (originally scheduled for 7/5 and he was in Vegas that weekend). My meeting ended up occuring on 8/16 and the Trustee's report was entered on the 18th. The hearing for motion of relief from stay with my car finance company occured on 9/6, Day 61. Fortunately, the clerk who looked my case over when I called said she would add me to the discharge list so that my case would be addressed by the end of the week.

Comment

Well, that sounds good. Let us know how it goes. Best of luck!

Comment

So, true to the clerk's word, I received my discharge this morning. Day 71.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! And if anything can be learned from my case, it doesn't hurt to call the court to find out the status.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X