Over median DISCHARGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over median DISCHARGE

Checked on Pacer today -- as of today I am discharged! Whoohoo! This is technically what it said:

09/07/2011 Order Discharging Debtor and Closing Estate. Service by BNC. (jwc)
    09/07/2011 Case Closed (jwc)

So, if it says discharged and closed, is that the final word? It is over and done completely? Or is there another milestone I need to wait for? Just double checking!

Thanks again to everyone who gave me advice and encouragement -- and told me to get a lawyer. I think it was a wise move in my situation, ultimately!

Thanks, all.

You ARE over AND DONE!!! Well DONE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks so much. I loved the hamster dance. LOL I wish for dancing hamsters for all!!!

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      You ARE over AND DONE!!! Well DONE!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Congrats sillywalks!!! Happy Fresh Start to you!!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by sillywalks View Post
          Thanks so much. I loved the hamster dance. LOL I wish for dancing hamsters for all!!!
          Grats and yes, you are done. As long as Mrs. and I are able, those who succeed in the stress as well as the correct new start will see our hamsters of VICTORY!

In the same tone, when we detect the occasional creep who attempt to use the system, they will get our "Dead Fish Dirge", or the 'Low life failure waltz". 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

"Dead Fish Dirge"....??
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

silly...you made it!!! so awesome. Enjoy your new life. AND a huge congrats!!!
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

congratulations and best wishes!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats have a great NEW life!

Comment

Congratulations! Discharged and closed...those are the words you are looking for! Enjoy your fresh start!
                    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Congrats!!!!!
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Congrats to you! Were you significantly over the median income level or marginally? Did you start with Chapt. 13 and convert or go directly for the Chapt. 7?

Comment

Thanks, All! To TShoot -- I think I was about 9K over the median. I filed as a Ch. 7 (because I passed the second part of the means test every way I tried it).

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!!!

What's the second part of the means test?

What was your big expense? I have certain big expenses but I am way over median--but still seem to pass the means test. I think I must be doing something wrong....

Comment

Originally posted by moe View Post
                              CONGRATS!!!!!!

What's the second part of the means test?

What was your big expense? I have certain big expenses but I am way over median--but still seem to pass the means test. I think I must be doing something wrong....

Thanks! What I mean about the means test -- when you go through the first section, putting in income, taxes, etc. On this section, if you are under the median you don't have to go any further because you pass the means test. I had to go through and put in the standard expense deductions and all of that info -- after all of that, I passed the means test. If I had not, I would have had to do the section that asks for debts and such. Does that make sense?

For me, I have two really old cars which I spend $1500 a year to keep running. I also have high medical expenses (prescriptions, etc.). I also have really high expenses for my pets (3 on Rx UTI food, one diabetic, one with asthma). Also, I bring in $650 a month ($450 after deducting for expenses) from a renter in my basement, without which I probably could not make it month-to-month. I don't know if that factored in to the Trustee's decision, but it might have (since the renter could leave at any time).

The most important thing is that you can document your expenses, whatever they are. At my 341, the trustee asked many filers if they had any 'extraordinary expenses or circumstances' like medical expenses, etc. that would help them pass the means test. After the UST filed a presumption of abuse on me, I went to my mechanic and had him print off what I had spent on my cars for the last two years, plus he listed the work that needed to be done (with estimated expenses). I had my pharmacy print off what I have spent on medications over the past year, a dental exam provided needed work with costs, etc. I even had my vet print out what I spend on pet food, medications, and visits over the past two years.

If I could change anything I did, I would probably have traded in one of my older cars for a financed car, to help on the means test. I ended up not needing it, but it probably would have helped things go more smoothly.

Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X