Between filing and 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between filing and 341

I filed for Ch.7 on August 13, signed all the papers, and my attorney said the next step would be to get a letter telling when the 341 meeting would be. Well its a month later and I still haven't heard anything from my attorney or about the 341 . Does it normally take this long after filing to hear something or get the 341 scheduled?

No, it doesn't normally take that long. Call your attorney today and let them know you haven't received anything. Make sure you call today!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Agreed. Call today, or if you have a Pacer account, check Pacer. I knew my 341 date the day after filing. If you are already 30 days out, this is an urgent matter.
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

We got our notice about a week after we filed. Then we got another about two weeks before the 341. They are usually held about six weeks after you file, depending on your district. By my calculations this puts your 341 occurring within the next week or two. So get busy and call the attorney. If you don't get any satisfaction there, call the clerk of your BK Court and ask to speak to your caseworker. Have your case number handy, as that determines who is assigned to your case.

Explain that you have heard nothing about when the 341 is, and you are getting concerned. You need to do this TODAY, as you do NOT want to miss your 341. If you do, your case will be dismissed.

Good luck to you!
        Last edited by AngelinaCat; 09-14-2011, 06:26 AM.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Odd. Ours was filed electronically while we were in our attorney's office, and we were given a paper before we left with our 341 date and time, our Filing #, the Trustee's name assigned to our case, and the Judge who would preside over our case.
          Filed CH 7 Sept. 2011 - UST Motion to Dismiss (presumption of abuse) Dec. 2011 - Converted to CH 13 Feb. 2012 - Plan Confirmation May 2012 - Expected Discharge June 2017

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X