top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When should I get a copy of our credit reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should I get a copy of our credit reports?

We were discharged about 2 weeks ago and now I'm wondering when I should get a copy of our credit reports to make sure everything is correct.

About 6 months from your discharge date. Give things time to settle down and out....
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I was d/c in may, so I am going to wait until december to check.

Comment

Curious. Why wait so long? Why not start fixing errors ASAP to rebuild good credit?

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
          Curious. Why wait so long? Why not start fixing errors ASAP to rebuild good credit?
          Like (Frogger) said you have to give them time to get things reported to them and time for them to fix it. I know someone who told me it took them about 7 month to get most of the info updated and another 3 months for the rest to be updated.

Comment

I am thinking i would take the responsibility upon myself to make sure the creditors have the correct info to report to the CRAs, I would be sending all my info out to each of my creditors the day after my discharge. I wouldnt rely on anyone but myself. But that is just me. I may just be raising my blood pressure and wasting my time. I do realize that too~ Thats why i asked why wait so long.

Then waiting a bit to make sure it is correct makes sense, but i think 6 months is a bit long if you supplied the info to them. Once a dispute is entered, the creditor or CRA has 30 days to resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
              I am thinking i would take the responsibility upon myself to make sure the creditors have the correct info to report to the CRAs, I would be sending all my info out to each of my creditors the day after my discharge. I wouldnt rely on anyone but myself. But that is just me. I may just be raising my blood pressure and wasting my time. I do realize that too~ Thats why i asked why wait so long.

Then waiting a bit to make sure it is correct makes sense, but i think 6 months is a bit long if you supplied the info to them. Once a dispute is entered, the creditor or CRA has 30 days to resolve.
              Chill......... it's not your job to supply information to the CRAs. You are raising your blood pressure and wasting your time. Let things settle out and then you start correcting any errors.

There's no need to panic about your credit report. It's screwed and will be for the next couple of years. You have plenty of time to correct.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I got mine around 2 weeks after discharge - and interestingly enough there was very little that hadn't been reported as IIB, guess my creditors were on the ball - my main issue was my house which was foreclosed before I filed was still showing as being open and that I owed on it.
                Jessica
                Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
                Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X