top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPITAL ONE buying INGDIRECT. Can they freeze my accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAPITAL ONE buying INGDIRECT. Can they freeze my accounts?

Hi all,
    I was planning on opening a new checking account with INGDIRECT but just found out that Capital One is buying them out. I BKd some debt w/ Capital One and since my case is not yet discharged, could Capital One freeze my checking/savings if I were to open them now? I wanted to go with ING because my small community bank has started to charge a $10.00 monthly maintenance fee for having a low balance (>$500) and there's no way in hell I will be able to carry that amount each month. Looks like the small community banks are going to be a thing of the past. What a damn shame. BTW, I watched "Too Big To Fail" tonight (excellent movie) and it makes me afraid of even putting money in the bank now. Eek!

Good question - frankly I wouldn't bank with Crapital One regardless...you could try Etrade bank...to be safe, I think I'd stay away from ING...

Comment

have you asked your local community bank what else it offers to get the fee waived? Sometimes so long as you make a direct deposit the fee is waived (thats how we got around it).

I've seen that movie along with many others and every time I watch them... it gets me into a mob mentality LOL!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X