32 days and still nothing on PACER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 days and still nothing on PACER?

We had our 341 meeting 32 days ago and there is nothing on PACER. Why might that be?
    I clicked around a little bit and saw that it said "awaiting discharge" but nothing has been filed since before our 341 meeting. Our 341 meeting went very well but we I expected something to be filed by our trustee or the US trustee since we are well over the median. I guess I shouldn't worry (no news is good news, right?), but I can't help but feel like something is bound to go wrong. I mean, could it be that somebody has made some kind of objection and it just hasn't been entered into the system, or is everything related to a BK filing entered into PACER? Anybody have a similar expierence where nothing was filed on PACER this long after the 341?
    On the bright side, as far as I know, we have now passed the first 2 deadlines. Keeping my fingers crossed, but can't help feeling nervous!

Justdonewit

On the list of “what not to do” counting days on PACER is pretty high on the list.

There are so many reasons why:
    Your trustee fell behind in paperwork
    They might not file every day
    Their data entry clerk is on vacation this week
    Holidays / Weekends / Government Furloughs / Acts of God
    I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

As hard as it is, walk away from PACER and call your lawyer because these are things you are paying them to worry about.

Oh and I should know I am the poster child for this behavior

I tried to start a support group but we keep checking daily to see if the meeting date changed that we missed the meeting completely.
    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Desdemona, I am SHOCKED - SHOCKED!!!! that I am not a charter member of PACERHOLICS anonymous!!!

Comment

Oh IamOld

I would have invited but I didn’t think the Master of the PACER to the 33 degree would have time for a little upstart local group. We do need more members so we can collect more dues so we can pay our quarterly PACER invoices.

Care to head up the PACERHOLICS member drive?
        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely - we can get on public access cable while we're at it!!!!! :-)

Comment

This is why I haven't signed up for PACER. I would be stalking it constantly! I read one of the sticky posts that warned of its addictive nature. It has been so hard to resist signing up! Hang in there. Hopefully they will post an update soon!

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgal View Post
              This is why I haven't signed up for PACER. I would be stalking it constantly! I read one of the sticky posts that warned of its addictive nature. It has been so hard to resist signing up! Hang in there. Hopefully they will post an update soon!
              It is! We had a member that checked on PACER so much BEFORE filing, that she actually listed it as a creditor in her BK--and got it discharged!
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I am a visual kind of learner, may I suggest you take a piece of paper and write down the name of your lawyer and the total amount you paid to them; then tape that piece of paper above any computer you have access to during any 24-hour day. When you have that urge to check, look up and say out loud (feel free to hit your forehead like you should have a V8) “I am paying someone else to do this.”

It might help.

You know all joking aside; PACER is your frienenemy. I am a pro-se filer so PACER became my “lawyer” hence the “need to know” way of life. But if you filed via a lawyer make them earn their keep.

We all know filing ends the chapter, but what we want is to finish the story, close the book, and put it back on the shelf; checking PACER daily is like going to the library and asking what your due date is. EVERYDAY.
                Last edited by DesdemonaB; 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM. Reason: spelling :)

Comment

I held off signing up for pacer til about 60 days into the entire process and finally broke down, around the 30th day after my 341 I finally gave in. I never was able to see anything, I just called my attorney, I figured it's better for my peace of mind anyway. My 60 days should be up on the 9th, my attorney was thinking maybe next week sometime, I am so wanting it to be over...

Comment

Ok, "y'all" feel free to laugh...I trolled PACER this morning...to see above median debtors like myself and to see if other atty's did "reaffirm" or like mine "pay and stay" - well, first of all, like over a thousand cases filed over the last few months....(and yes other atty's pay and stay) - I typed in case numbers at random...found one...one of my sons teachers

It's a rough rough world.

And yes - I have a problem :-)

Originally posted by DesdemonaB View Post
                    I am a visual kind of learner, may I suggest you take a piece of paper and write down the name of your lawyer and the total amount you paid to them; then tape that piece of paper above any computer you have access to during any 24-hour day. When you have that urge to check, look up and say out loud (feel free to hit your forehead like you should have a V8) “I am paying someone else to do this.”

It might help.

You know all joking aside; PACER is your frienenemy. I am a pro-se filer so PACER became my “lawyer” hence the “need to know” way of life. But if you filed via a lawyer make them earn their keep.

We all know filing ends the chapter, but what we want is to finish the story, close the book, and put it back on the shelf; checking PACER daily is like going to the library and asking what your due date is. EVERYDAY.

Comment

I don't get too crazy about it. I check it once a day and refrain from clicking around (ok, ok, I clicked around a little maybe 2 times). It's hard to resist the lore ... like everyone else I just want this chapter of my life to be over and when you have a tool like PACER, which in theory helps you monitor the events in your life that you pretty much have no control over, the need to login and see what if anything is going on won't be denied. To everyone who suggested I let my attorney handle it, that is a great idea, but regardless of the fact that I paid top dollar, if I hadn't spent 90% of my time over the last 9 months researching BK and following these boards, nothing would have gone as smooth as it has, and I think we'd be in a bigger world of hurt then before we started. There is no way we ever would have passed the means test, and many many things would have been overlooked. This board has been invaluable (sp?) to me and my family, and for that, I thank all of you.

Comment

Justdonewit, EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!

Comment

Hmmmm, I must be in the minority. I signed up last month, and I've only checked it twice, once on signup and once last week! lol

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X