Let the Countdown Begin! Our 341 story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the Countdown Begin! Our 341 story.

First thanks all for your kind words regarding my FIL. He is actually better today so this week is looking up.

We had our long awaited 341 yesterday and as most say it was really not too bad. We are over the median, but passed the means test (i hope, if i understand the process, the trustee will determine that over the next 14 days). I was very nervous but our atty did review certain questions ahead of time on which to be prepared for such as how much income do you anticipate on making this year. The credit union who was suing us did have a representative there and seemed to take pleasure in asking what we spent our money on in regards to the defaulted loan/cc. I took great pleasure in looking back at her explaining well, when you and your spouse lose your jobs within 9 months of each other, have a home, 2 children, a dog, a frog, etc...we put food on the table, heated our home, paid medical bills, etc. I don't think it mattered but it made me feel better.

There was one question on Schedule C apparently the atty who prepared our schedules put a % instead of a $ amount regarding our taxes and the trustee asked him to correct it within 10 days. Atty said no big deal they'll get it corrected. I'm assuming there will be no issues with that. (I hope).

It was surprising (or not) to see so many people in the waiting area. It was crazy to think this goes on 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I hope our government wakes up soon.

Thanks to all for your support and knowledge. I hope I am only a lurker here the next 60 days.

BEST WISHES my2girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, many folks are walking this path...

May I ask a question? Re the credit union - I have one of those too...I owed them about $4,500 - did you owe more for the pleasure of them showing up? Incidentally, if they do for me, my answers are sadly exactly the same as yours...

Comment

Congrats on crossing that hurdle! Such a great feeling for it to be DONE, I'm sure!
      Non-Consumer Chapter 7
      December 2011

Comment

Yay for you on a smooth 341!!! I know it is a relief! Club 60 here you come!!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Big hurdle to be over best of luck to you, glad FIL is doing better!

Comment

Thanks IamOld,

We had a cc that was $5K and an overdraft protection "loan" that was $2500. Let me tell you they acted fast too. We were sued within the first 3-4 months of not paying. Out of stupidity (hadn't found this forum yet) I called my dear cu whom I had banked with for 20 years to tell them we were "considering" bk. We were less than 60 days past due at this point. Within several hours our debit card was froze out. Thankfully I was able to drive there within a couple hours and remove all cash on hand. Account was closed by them shortly after. I was ready to enter into a payment agreement when we received a summons and thankfully found this site before I signed anything. I believe this would have been somewhat of a problem in our bk if we would have done this. Anyway, they pushed us into the bk quicker than expected but it's been a blessing in the end. It was envitable and I wish I would have seen the writing on the wall 12 months ago. Whew! that was probably more than you needed to know! Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X