Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about child care exemption

Hi Forum Friends

Trying to get everything together...my attny thinks I may actually qualify for a Chap 7!! Yay me!! When going over exemptions, he asked about child
    care expenses...I told him I didn't have any because my mother watches my child and doesn't charge me...She gets him on the bus, and watches him when he gets off the bus for 1-4 hours every school day...she does feed him breakfast, which I do help pay for occasionally by giving her money for breakfast items he likes...he said I may be able to claim that as child care??? Any thoughts on this, and can I do this?? Thanks

When we filed, we were in the same boat. My MIL watches our daughter for free. The only thing we supplied was formula and diapers. Our attorney said for us to claim child care expenses, she would have to fill out a form stating she is the babysitter. We would've also had to get receipts for purchases we made for child care expenses. It was easier for us to file without the Child Care Expenses. Hope this sheds some light for you.
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X