top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone do a HARP refinance after Chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone do a HARP refinance after Chapter 7?

I'm nearing the closing date of my Ch7 (non-consumer asset case - discharged in june 2011). Now that I'm free of the business debt and am living within my means (Got to keep my house and cars and the loans that go with them).

I'm wondering if I would be able to refinance my first mortgage and lower my rate by about 1.5%. Home is valued at about $300k and first mortgage is $340k. Wondering if I could call BOA and get a refinance at today's low rates. I never missed a payment on this mortgage. Does the fact that I filed Ch7 automatically disqualify me for a HARP refinance?

Not under new guidelines. You should be able to do a streamline refinance under HARP. I am in the middle of one right now. Discharged almost 3 yrs ago. House included in Chapter7. I'll keep you posted... going from 6.5 to 4.57 percent

Comment

Considering, BofA called ME to do an in-house refi. It took about 4 months (and lots of repeat paperwork) to close, but it happens. Send me a PM after your BK closes and I can send you contact info for the person who handled mine - it might be a place to start.

FYI - we went from 6.25% to 2.65% for the next 5 years, then an increase to 4.25% for the remainder of the term. Made a big difference.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X