Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed 10/28/11

Hello all,

I have been reading through all the posts and really appreciate the effort and stories that I have had the opportunity to read. While I know everyone's situation and circumstances are different I see alot of commonality with the emotional drain this process has on everyone.

I feel very fortunate to have found this site and look forward to contributing in anyway I can

So I filed my petition last Friday (Oct.28th) and my attorney already advised that my 341 is scheduled for Dec 3rd @ 9am....My credit reports already reflects my bankruptcy and all my creditors have disabled my ability to access my accounts on-line. That was really fast!

Best wishes to you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
      Best wishes to you!!!
      Thank you!

I tried to work with my creditors for the last year and a half (i.e. reduced payments), but I realized I would never be able to pay them off as long they kept raising the interest rates!!!

Not to mention the hell BOA put me through trying to get my 2nd loan modified after the first was successfully modified....now that was stressful!!!!! I have 2 student loans, I haven't paid in over 18 months, because I deferred them when my husband was out of work for 2 years....now I am not eligible for any more deferments....so I definitely have to get back on track with paying them...cuz as we know they are not dischargeable....and I don't want any garnishments!!!

So filing for me...was my only option after trying to work things out on my own...which turned out to be a BIG FAIL!!!!

Comment

My story is pretty much the same - just a thankfully being out of work for "only" five months from main job...but we tried to work with creditors, etc....losing battle....

Originally posted by Nufsayd View Post
        Thank you!

I tried to work with my creditors for the last year and a half (i.e. reduced payments), but I realized I would never be able to pay them off as long they kept raising the interest rates!!!

Not to mention the hell BOA put me through trying to get my 2nd loan modified after the first was successfully modified....now that was stressful!!!!! I have 2 student loans, I haven't paid in over 18 months, because I deferred them when my husband was out of work for 2 years....now I am not eligible for any more deferments....so I definitely have to get back on track with paying them...cuz as we know they are not dischargeable....and I don't want any garnishments!!!

So filing for me...was my only option after trying to work things out on my own...which turned out to be a BIG FAIL!!!!

Comment

IamOld...so have you finished with your BK?

Comment

Weeeell, I had my 341 on Oct 27th...Trustee rolled through about 60% of his cases yesterday with "no distributions, etc." posted (YES I am a PACER troll and addict) - no rhyme or reason for not doing the ones - including mine - TRustee didn't do - maybe he and paralegal rolled through a "bunch" and will do the rest next week...don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              Weeeell, I had my 341 on Oct 27th...Trustee rolled through about 60% of his cases yesterday with "no distributions, etc." posted (YES I am a PACER troll and addict) - no rhyme or reason for not doing the ones - including mine - TRustee didn't do - maybe he and paralegal rolled through a "bunch" and will do the rest next week...don't know...
              Well don't fret...gotta stay positive :-)

Comment

Right of course - "but you don't know me very well..." (Bugs Bunny to Elmer Fudd) :-)

Comment

It's all good IamOld.....I can be a character myself....lol! :-)

Comment

....Characters Welcome!!!!

Comment

We tried working with our creditors, but to no avail. The best thing we ever did was file BK. I recommend getting a PACER account, that way you can track the status of your case through close. Good luck to you!
                      5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
                      7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
                      9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

Congrats on filing Nufsayd! We finally got the magic bullet in the mail yesterday that will 'force' us to finally file. The funny thing is that the attorneys for Wells Fargo have no idea that I was thrilled to finally be pushed into it by them. Now it looks like a late November to early December filing! It will be wonderful to have it all done and over with and now the end is finally in sight....as long as nothing goes wrong! Now if I can just find a good paying job.....
                        Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
                        341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
                        Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

Wow, that sure hits your credit report FAST.
                          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X