No announcement yet.

HELP! Find the best way2 handle Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will be very happy to have GV setup to field those calls just be sure to leave identifying information on your message so there is no question as to who you are. As long as you identify yourself they will have no reason to try to find you elsewhere for the time being. Buys you some time and some peace from the calls. Its all about the prep work that leads up to the filing and putting your ducks in a row. Gives you back some control in your life and feel proactive. You do not have to make all the decisions at one time but if you are even thinking it may be an option to file then you want to start with some ducks in a row stuff. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
      You will be very happy to have GV setup to field those calls just be sure to leave identifying information on your message so there is no question as to who you are. As long as you identify yourself they will have no reason to try to find you elsewhere for the time being. Buys you some time and some peace from the calls. Its all about the prep work that leads up to the filing and putting your ducks in a row. Gives you back some control in your life and feel proactive. You do not have to make all the decisions at one time but if you are even thinking it may be an option to file then you want to start with some ducks in a row stuff. Good Luck.
      Yes, thank you “D” I did what dman suggested on his step 10 book. I just don't know if they will try to be at my doorstep someday and wouldn't know how to handle it!? And if there's any other input you may have for some of the questions I posted above, please let me know... thanks again and have a great night!

Comment

Originally posted by JOBK View Post
        Oh, by the way, I tried to call out from my new Gmail/GV and got this message “Please download the voice plugin to make a call” but I downloaded it and installed it properly but it's still wasn't able to call out? So, with that said, I probably don't want to call my creditor using my sister's cell anyway. Thanks in advance for your reply and many thanks for the “12-STEP” the best – a lot of reading but good reading! God bless you!
        Lots of people have the same issue, and the error message isn't always that useful. Make sure you're using a 32bit version of the browser. For internet explorer, go to the Help menu and select About Internet Explorer; right after the version information, if it says 64-bit Edition, then the GV plugin will NOT work on that browser. Simple solution, try it in the 32-bit version, or in Firefox (it's awfully hard to find a 64-bit build of Firefox). Even if IE is the 32-bit version, if it's not working I'd try in a different browser (like Firefox or Chrome). Of course, when in doubt, reboot (even if it doesn't require a reboot, sometimes it needs one).

You can also dial in to your GV number. So dial your GV number from any phone, when your voicemail greeting picks up, press the # key. It'll ask for your four digit PIN, enter that. Once it gives you the menu of things to do, select the one to make an outgoing call (I think it's option 2). Dial the number you want to call, followed by the # key, and it will call that number for you (and your GV number is what will show on the other end's caller-id). A simpler method might be to initiate a call on the GV site; click the Call button, punch in the number, and choose which of your forwarding numbers you want to receive the call on. When you tell it to call, it will first ring your forwarding phone number, you pick up, and then it'll dial the number you chose. Just be absolutely certain you're logged into your creditor GV number, that's why I'd suggest using the call-back feature in the call history (under a voicemail or even missed call there's a Call link, click it and select the number GV should call you at like above).
        Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I am an idiot. Do not take my advice. I am not responsible for what happens if you blindly follow an idiot's advice. Blah blah and more legal stuff.

Comment

Thank you so much dman you're correct!!! All I had to do was use the IE instead of Firefox!!! Works like a charm... now, do I reply to the voice mail messages or just let it go? What's the purpose of having an account outside of the state, again? Have a good day or night!

Comment

Thank you so much dman you're correct!!! All I had to do was use the IE instead of Firefox!!! Works like a charm... now, do I reply to the voice mail messages or just let it go? What's the purpose of having an account outside of the state, again? Have a good day or night!
            Hi - are you talking about a BANK account? if you're in/filed/will very soon file Ch 7, none. If you're trying to avoid a bank levy a STATE chartered (SMALL LOCAL!!!!!) bank in DE may be what you mean...DE does not allow levy's of bank accts in STATE CHARTERED!! banks. (Bank of Rehoboth, for example).

Comment

It's up to you whether you reply to the messages or not. There's arguments on both sides. Some say to answer as many calls as you can, as it'd reduce the chance of a creditor trying to call other people trying to locate you (they shouldn't, if they KNOW they have the right number for you, but it doesn't mean some won't anyways). Others say to ignore them completely, talking to them won't help anything. As long as you have proper identifying information in the voicemail greeting (first/last name and address) and your situation has not changed (i.e. you didn't win the lottery and are still unable to send a payment) my OPINION is to ignore them.

The purpose of having a bank account that's not local to you is to buy you some time in case a creditor gets a judgement against you. With a judgement, a creditor can turn right around, go to any banks that are local to you, and tell them they have a judgement against John Doe and wish to levy any accounts he has there. Now, they could do this at any bank, but they're going to try the obvious banks first (i.e., the ones with a physical presence near you). If you have an account at an out of state bank, then it "MAY" be harder to find; you'd still have to disclose its existence at a debtor's exam, but you'd have some warning. Personally, I'd pick one that does NOT pull your credit (ChexSystems would be ok), as that's a huge flag to a creditor that you may have an account there (i.e. they'll see an inquiry on your credit report from First Third National Bank of Texas, and will know you might have an account there).

A prepaid card is a good option too. Many/most allow direct deposit, and will let you use bill-pay (though not free as with a "regular" bank account). I haven't heard of anyone having one of these prepaid cards levied. Look closely at the fees, balance limits, etc. to see if one would work for you.

I haven't looked into state chartered banks in DE, that might be something else you want to look into.
              Standard disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. I am an idiot. Do not take my advice. I am not responsible for what happens if you blindly follow an idiot's advice. Blah blah and more legal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                Hi - are you talking about a BANK account? if you're in/filed/will very soon file Ch 7, none. If you're trying to avoid a bank levy a STATE chartered (SMALL LOCAL!!!!!) bank in DE may be what you mean...DE does not allow levy's of bank accts in STATE CHARTERED!! banks. (Bank of Rehoboth, for example).
                Thanks IamOld... Yes, I was talking about dman's, “ http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...ep-your-sanity “ program/book. I'm from Texas now but kept a $50 savings account in California and I could easily open a checking account there also free of charge if I sign up for a paperless E-statements. Currently, I was paying my monthly minimum online through Wells Fargo but now it's down to the very last and WF is charging $14.00 monthly fee. Later on, I will be applying for disability aid soon and that's the only money to put in the bank later. So, I don't know anything about bank levy especially if the account is almost nil at WF. What do you think of my case? Thanks for your input and God bless!

Comment

Originally posted by dman View Post
                  It's up to you whether you reply to the messages or not. There's arguments on both sides. Some say to answer as many calls as you can, as it'd reduce the chance of a creditor trying to call other people trying to locate you (they shouldn't, if they KNOW they have the right number for you, but it doesn't mean some won't anyways). Others say to ignore them completely, talking to them won't help anything. As long as you have proper identifying information in the voicemail greeting (first/last name and address) and your situation has not changed (i.e. you didn't win the lottery and are still unable to send a payment) my OPINION is to ignore them.
                  The purpose of having a bank account that's not local to you is to buy you some time in case a creditor gets a judgement against you. With a judgement, a creditor can turn right around, go to any banks that are local to you, and tell them they have a judgement against John Doe and wish to levy any accounts he has there. Now, they could do this at any bank, but they're going to try the obvious banks first (i.e., the ones with a physical presence near you). If you have an account at an out of state bank, then it "MAY" be harder to find; you'd still have to disclose its existence at a debtor's exam, but you'd have some warning. Personally, I'd pick one that does NOT pull your credit (ChexSystems would be ok), as that's a huge flag to a creditor that you may have an account there (i.e. they'll see an inquiry on your credit report from First Third National Bank of Texas, and will know you might have an account there).
                  A prepaid card is a good option too. Many/most allow direct deposit, and will let you use bill-pay (though not free as with a "regular" bank account). I haven't heard of anyone having one of these prepaid cards levied. Look closely at the fees, balance limits, etc. to see if one would work for you.
                  I haven't looked into state chartered banks in DE, that might be something else you want to look into.
                  Wow! You're the the man!!! Thank you again for answering the questions I have. As I am preparing to do the out of town and walmart card account. The out of town credit union will be able to utilize the co-op system here in Texas for free (ATM-deposit/withdrawal.) I hope they don't pull the credit report from my old credit union dormant savings account when I try to activate it again. With the voicemail, I will go ahead and just ingore it for now since I left a completed greetings as per your instruction in step #10. Although, their message says, “they would like to discuss Solutions to my problem?! Thanks again so much for your detailed explanations and sharing your experienced.
                  Have a nice day and God bless you!

Comment

Wonderful 1! It's. VERY VERY unlikely that old cut will pull ur credit...after all the only thing. You are doing is using and existing acct!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X