top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unemployment Income - Is it counted on Means Test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment Income - Is it counted on Means Test?

Planning on filing in early December (or later if we don't get sued)

I haven't receieved a paycheck since the end of July this year.....but haven't filed unemployment since I didn't want to add any income to the means test....now due to a possible divorce, I need income and might need to find a place to live....could I file for unemployment and not affect our plan to file chapter 7? Thanks
    Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
    341 Hearing 1/12/12
    Discharged 3/23/12!

Also if we file December 1.....how soon could I start looking for a new job? Should I wait until after discharge?
    Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
    341 Hearing 1/12/12
    Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

If you didn't file unemployment do you not qualify for it anymore? I would guess that if you just delayed it and are now going to get back unemployment they would probably count that in looking back 6 months.
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
        If you didn't file unemployment do you not qualify for it anymore? I would guess that if you just delayed it and are now going to get back unemployment they would probably count that in looking back 6 months.
        I don't know, I hadn't even looked into unemployment due to needing to get income down for the 6 month look back.....
        Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
        341 Hearing 1/12/12
        Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

I don't know too much about unemployment but I don't know if you can apply for it after 3 months without a job and not applying right away. I know that in my state you have to prove and have documentation that you were able to work and were looking for work. I hope you didn't blow your chance to apply due to waiting.
          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Anyone know???
            Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
            341 Hearing 1/12/12
            Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

All income from any source except for Social Security is counted. So yes unemployment is considered income.

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
                All income from any source except for Social Security is counted. So yes unemployment is considered income.
                Yeah, after a little web digging I found that out well my divorce might get ugly now :lol: Might split off and file a 7 by myself and then my wife will have to file a 13 :lol:
                Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
                341 Hearing 1/12/12
                Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X