Trustee questions at bankruptcy hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee questions at bankruptcy hearing

What kind of questions will be asked at the trustee bankruptcy hearing? I had a friend that filed about a year ago and he said it was only a few questions and he was done?

At our meeting, the Trustee called us up there. He looked at our paperwork for about 3 seconds, literally long enough to glance over each page. Said our attorney had done a good job with it, then asked if we still had 8 dependents. Literally less than 2 minutes. That was ALL that he said, though he did tell us "Good Luck" as we were leaving, as he did everyone else.

Comment

And some are all business (not gruff but let's get this over with sort of all business), some are nicer...just answer yessir, nosir, yes maam, no maam :-)

In many districts it's you and a hundred other people the same day...

Comment

Try this link. There is an entire sub forum on the 341 meeting: What Questions Will the Trustee Ask
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

We were asked if we were, indeed, us. Asked if the address was correct. If our attorney had prepared our filing and explained any other options. Asked if we had read the filing and if it was true and correct and then told us he was done and to have a nice day..... and we did!

The trustee sat at one table facing us but rarely looked up from his paperwork. We sat at a separate table with our attorney, who barely got sat before our questions were over. There was a microphone hanging from the ceiling between the tables with a computer and monitor behind the trustee. Everything was being recorded according to the trustee and I figured so when I walked in and saw that the monitor appeared to have a voice analysis program running on it. This is probably only used for creditors who suspect fraud and want to have an expert look at the recording.

Our entire time in the hot seat literally lasted less than 25 seconds as was the case with almost everyone there. I timed most at 20 or 21 seconds after the initial shock of how fast things were going. The few folks that got tripped up were mostly ones who hadn't filed their 2010 tax returns at the time and he simply asked them to file and send him copies.

I don't remember the exact number of people there but the room was pretty full...maybe 50 filers for a two hour block. I had researched the court calendar before our date and saw as many as 189 chapter 7 filers scheduled in five hours.

In the end, the waiting was far more stressful than the actual meeting.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X