Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmation Agreement Question

Hey everyone,

My lawyer is MIA and not returning calls. I have a questions about my re-affirmation agreement.

I signed it on Oct 20th, but meeting was adjourned to Nov. 4th because my lawyer forgot my car title at the office.

I spoke to Mazda because I am one payment behind. They said as long as I am paid up by the time the account goes back to normal, I will be fine- just to have my atty call and let them know I intend to pay.

Mazda explained to me that there is a 60-day period where I can decide to give up (rescind) my car. It begins when Mazda's attorneys file the affirmation with the court.

They say it has not kicked in yet because they have not filed with the court yet.

My lawyer says the 60-day period kicks in at the first court date. I think he is referring to the 60-day period when creditors can object to discharge of debt.

Am I understanding Mazda correctly?

Appreciate any help since my lawyer isn't back for two more weeks.

Nice name hockey guy. You can rescind the reaffirmation agreement anytime prior to discharge, or within 60 days of it having been filed with the court.
    Last edited by debee; 12-08-2011, 04:19 PM. Reason: I have two hockey playing kids. Go Habs!
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Thanks Debee! I didn't know that the car company files it with the court, I learned so much from this forum just today!

I hope the fact that I am a payment behind won't make the attorney at Mazda not file it...though the lady at Mazda today said a call from lawyer to confirm I will be paying should take care of that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X