• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your discharge and fresh start
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

thats a good limit! What's the interest rate?

Filed Chapter 7 - December 21, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by anafan View Post
        thats a good limit! What's the interest rate?
        22%

Comment

They used to be what many people thought of as a sub-prime credit card company. They are fairly well thought of now. If you have payment problems, they are aggressive in collections - but since you have all your knowledge from having filed BK you know how to handle your credit better, right? (I mean that in a humorous way, fyi!)

I had an account with them that was included in our BK. Hubby did not so he could utilize them for post-BK credit.

He was approved for 3k. He got 60% of the line initially and after charging an item and not having a late payment for 6 months, the rest of the line was awarded to him. I think his fee was $39 and 0% interest for a year. After a year, the interest rate is 14.9%. He is going to call them and ask them to waive the annual fee since he has been a perfect customer and his credit scores are bumping 700 right now. We aren't planning on carrying much (read less than $50) of a balance after the 0% ends - merely enough to work his credit scores a bit.

Once you prove yourself, some companies (including Capital One from posts I have read here and other places) will waive the annual fees or lower your interest rate so that they can keep you - it can't hurt to ask them in my opinion. Of course, your mileage may vary so read all the fine print!!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Eeew!

Id use it to charge my groceries, and pay it. Hopefully some better offers come your way in time. Id just be relieved to have this all over with!

I have a cell phone contract with AT & T. If I just keep paying it will they find out I went bk and cancel me?

I have a year left on my contract. Never late.

Comment

We were current in our Verizon contract. Per our attorney, it wasn't listed in our BK (because it was current) and Verizon never said a word. We just upgraded hubby's Blackberry (it died) without an issue either. You should be fine!!

I may leave a $25-50 balance on a cc on occasion in the future for 30 days because the credit score models seem to like that. $1 in finance charges to save hundreds of dollars in interest rate fees on a car or home purchase down the road is worth it to me - it may not be worth it to others and I totally understand that. I am proud of how well our credit has rebounded in the 9 months since our discharge. Now we are aggressively starting retirement planning with a certified financial planner come January.

Hang in there!
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Thanks. ValleYum. Cute name. I could use one right now! ;)

I figured as much. I've had AT&T for over 20 years. Dropped the land line to save money. But my cell has always been with them.

I feel better now. I went to drop off my full payment at the attorneys office. Dropped off all the documents they asked for.

I talked to the paralegal who will type it all up. She was so happy that I had everything so organized. She said sometimes people bring unopened bills in a bag and I have to sort it all out.

I had everything clipped with binder clips in corresponding order to their list. I made a spreadsheet of my debts and expenses.

She said, you don't have anything to worry about. I've seen it all. People who take trips, buy TVs. You bought some clothes for your mom in a nursing home and a $100 sewing machine. Its not worth the cc company's time or money. Relax.

I feel better just handing it over to them. We meet next week to finalize it all and file.

Then I wait....and wait. Not my strong suit.

Im trying to think of it this way. This way I learn a hard lesson.

And/or, it's like divorcing your debt. It might drag out for me but in the end I'll get another monkey off my back!

Comment

At least you get to make new friends here while you wait!!

My paralegal was thrilled when I handed her my stuff - mine was like that PLUS I had scanned everything into my computer and saved it to a thumb drive to be triple sure. LOL

You are divorcing your debt and you won't believe how freeing your fresh start will be!!!

Comment

ana...we are here to "wait" with you. WE can be a most entertaining distraction.
                    Glad you are feeling a bit better about this.
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Wow, no hamster dance?

I would post them for you but cannot find the link.

Huge congrats, and a pat on the back.
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Here ya go tsfranci!! I found you a HAMPSTER DANCE for your DISCHARGE!!! WootWoot!!!

Comment

How'ed we miss you??

So sorry but better late than never. Here is our traditional dance of Victory just for you:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X