No announcement yet.

341 report released by trustee on 1/13 and today an entry by bankruptcy judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 report released by trustee on 1/13 and today an entry by bankruptcy judge

Had my 341 meeting on 1/12. Trustee report showed up on pacer on 1/13 and said trustee had fully administered the estate, found no assets above and beyond exempted property, stated no parties of interest had filed for a request for dismissal, asked to be released from duties and further stated an amt. of money for claims scheduled and the same amount of money for claims to be discharged.

Then today on pacer an Order from a bankruptcy judge showed up which reads:

Because no party in interest has filed a request for an order of dismissal pursuant to 11 U.S.C. & 521 (i) (2) and because the parties in interest should not be subjected to any uncertainty as to whether this case is subject to automatic dismissal under $521(i) (I). Debtor is not required to file any further document pursuant to $521(a) (I) (B) to avoid an automatic dismissal and this case is not and was not subject to automatic dismissal under $521 (i)(1). This does not prevent any party in interest from requesting by motion that Debtor supply further information described in $521 (A)(1)(B), and this does not prevent the U.S. Trustee or Chapter 7 Trustee from requesting by any authorized means, including but not limited to motion, that the Debtor supply further information.

Signed by the bankruptcy judge.

The trustee report was clear to me and I felt great relief when i saw it posted -- not so sure what to make of the judge's order
    means. Can anyone calm my nerves about this? thanks.

Your case will not be automatically dismissed, which is a good thing. Likely you will hear nothing further until the 60 days are up - just finish the required courses and you should get your discharge in March.
    C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
    Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X