tax refund for 2011 income???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tax refund for 2011 income???

we filed chapter 7 bk in 4-2011. we had no income up to this date, except my husband just started a new job 2 days prior to filing. My question is, what portion of our tax refund for 2011 will be subject to the trustee taking and how does this come about? When we file our taxes will the refund automatically be sent to the bk trustee or will it be sent to us???? Wht can I expect?

If I'm reading this correctly if you filed in April (4) 2011 you should be discharged by now and I don't think you have to worry about your refund. Have you been discharged?

Comment

I have been discharged but the case is not closed. We have some raw land, that will be auctioned off. Actually, thats another question, we have some raw land with a lein of approx $16,0000 on it. Can they auction this off and will the new buyer be liable for the existing lein amount or does the leinholder eat the debt??? Does the fact that my case was discharged make my 2011 tax refund not an issue with the trustee???

Comment

If the leinholder for the land properly perfected the lein, they'll be made whole and the trustee gets what's left.
        Was your lawyer able to exempt the refund? Since you filed so early in the year, the amount may not be worth the trustees time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X