Selling home before creditors meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling home before creditors meeting?

My husband and I finally found a buyer for our home (a little too late). Our first creditors meeting is scheduled for March 8th. Can we sell our home before our meeting? We are not going to make any profit. Actually we are going to have to pay approximately 2,000 to the agent for her comission. Should we sell it, or would it be wiser just to surrender the property to the bank? We're afraid that if we just surrender it than it will show as a foreclosure on our credit report. How does it work?

If our meeting is scheduled for March 8th, how soon after that can we file our taxes? Would we need to wait until after our case is discharged? If so, would the discharge date be after the April 15th deadline on the taxes. I'm stressing out again. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get.
    A. Quinones

I have the exact same situation as you, see my thread for info, maybe I'll get a reply before you, I'll check your post as well.
    Not sure about the taxes, my meeting is Feb 15th, even though my tax refund could be about $3000 my lawyer said it fell within my wild card and that I would be able to keep it. I think I will do my taxes before the 341 meeting so I can show the trustee how much we'll be getting back exactly. I don't really care if he takes it or not, I just want to move on and not have to pay the other $25,000 in CC debt.
    Good luck.
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X