silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

silly question

We received notice yesterday for our 341 it is scheduled for march 20, it says the last dsyvto tile claim is may 20 is that the discharge date or is it another 30 days from that date?

May 20 would likely be the discharge date, give or take a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
      We received notice yesterday for our 341 it is scheduled for march 20, it says the last dsyvto tile claim is may 20 is that the discharge date or is it another 30 days from that date?
      The discharge date is whenever the court gets around to signing the discharge order. The court CAN'T sign the discharge order until 60 days have elapsed since the date for the §341 because creditors and the trustee have those 60 days to object to the entry of a discharge. But nobody at the court is sitting around, pen in hand, watching the seconds tick down on a 60 day clock so that the discharge order can be signed precisely on THE 60th day, to the minute.

So, 60 days from the §341 is NOT the date you are supposed to get your discharge. Sixty days is the running of the deadline for objections and is the EARLIEST you can get the discharge. As HHM states, the actual entry of the discharge order usually comes a few days afterwards -- when the judge figures that the stack of unsigned discharge orders sitting on the desk has gotten tall enough and that maybe it would be a good idea to sign some of them.
      Last edited by MSbklawyer; 02-19-2012, 09:42 AM.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X