Mortgage company and Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage company and Chapter 7

We filed on February 10. Both car finance companies locked us out of anything online, around February 14. Both mortgage companies (first and second) still are giving access to anything online, even just sent the electronic statement. Is it safe to say that they WILL NOT lock us out, or would they still do it a few weeks later.

Thanks

Anything is possible. I don't know from experience, but maybe your BK filing didn't get into their electronic system yet and when it does, you may be locked out. Then again, you may not. I know that was a wishy washy answer, but I've heard about it going both ways.
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

It could go either way. To be safe, if you're planning to keep the house & cars, then make sure you have the proper mailing address for payments. (You may need to send them to a different department now that you have filed.) Make sure you allow enough time for mailing, or use your bank's online bill pay if that is an option. (Though that may still mean a manual/mailed payment - your online billpay should indicate how long it will take for the payment to reach its destination.)
      ~Staci
      Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X