New Car WOOT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car WOOT!!

I can't believe it. My BK was filed on the 23rd and I already got an offer to buy a new car "before" my BK is even discharged. The "invitation" came with my personal pin # on it ...which is my BK case number. I would never, ever take advantage of it, (my goal is to get out of debt...not into more) but it makes me angry that I got this and they are soliciting me already.

And just out of curiosity, I wonder what a trustee would say at the 341 when asked about any new debt and they responded that they just bought a new car??

Unbelievable... any thoughts???

DM

You are going to get hit with a myriad of credit offers. Watch the fine print and interest rates.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

No problem...not interested in ANY of them. I have been living a cash only lifestyle since I quit paying the cc's three years ago and it's great.

After I am discharged, I am going to look into a prepaid card to use for travel because my husbands family lives 3,000 miles away and it's easier to travel, rent cars, etc. when you have a cc. And it's inevitable that we are going to have to make that trip as his family members are getting older. But we will be prepared...learned a good lesson through all of this.

DM

Comment

I decided to opt out of credit card offers for five years:

It really worked. I did still get a few car loan offers, but they have dwindled significantly. I don't receive any more "pre-approved" credit card offers at all (you know the ones- with huge fees and interest rates). I don't need all that junk mail cluttering my mailbox -- when I want a credit card one day, I can find the one that I want on my own.
        Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
        November 2010
        Closed: January 2011!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X