top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapt 7 discharged in November...still have non reaffirmed car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapt 7 discharged in November...still have non reaffirmed car!

Howdy,

Ok I am not gonna complain and the only reason im curious on what to do is because my inspection and tags will expire at the end of this month.

I have a 2008 Saturn that I have not made payment on since last june. The car is valued at about $15,000 resale and has just about 34,000 miles on it.

Finance company has not come get it. I actually thought it would have been gone by now at which time I would have to go and purchase a new one (credit score still low after discharge so was using time to hopefully see a rebound to atleast 550, I know still bad) So whats your best guess on why they havent picked it up? One tidbit is there is a coborrower who has also not been paying he did not file bk and is still on the hook.
    Also am I responsible for personal property taxes on the vehicle since it was discharged?

If the tags expire then legally you can't drive it. If found on the road you'll be fined. Otherwise it can sit in yer driveway till it rusts, barring other city codes. You can however pay to renew tags and keep driving till they decide to come get it. Even if you only keep it another month I figure that only at most a car payment anyways.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Is the registration transferrable in your state? If they are, then don't worry about it. But do make sure that you get the license plates, regardless of whether you renew or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Movingon2010 View Post
        One tidbit is there is a coborrower who has also not been paying he did not file bk and is still on the hook.
        There's your answer.

If you can't get blood from a stone, squeeze the turnip. If you can't get blood from the turnip, repossess.

Make sure your personal possessions are out of the car at all times, and have a friend on speed dial that you can call when you need a ride back from the grocery store when your car is no longer in the parking place you left it in twenty minutes ago. Because that will happen.

Although it might happen later with a Saturn than with a newer Benz or Ford. But it will happen.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X