top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank paid my property taxes after I filed Ch7????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank paid my property taxes after I filed Ch7????

I am preparing my taxes, and went to look up my property taxes, and saw that my mortgage bank paid them about 5 weeks after I filed for Ch.7.....

Is this normal? Anyone else have that happen?

Yes, if your taxes are escrowed into your mortgage payment, the bank has the responsibility to continue to pay them.

Comment

I should have explained, my taxes were never escrowed. I always paid them on my own.

Comment

The bank will pay them to prevent the county from foreclosing on the house before they do.
        3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
        4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
        4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
        6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Originally posted by MBeach222 View Post
          I should have explained, my taxes were never escrowed. I always paid them on my own.
          Same for me. Bank ended up paying about $6K in back taxes after I filed and set up an escrow on the account for the taxes they paid. I've since been keeping them current so it was nice when that 700 escrow payment went away.
          Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Hey, here's a good one...

- We did a "stay and pay" on our mortgage. After our 341, we stopped paying. After discharge, we did everything we could to stall foreclosure. Insurance and taxes were escrowed in our mortgage payment.

- When foreclosure was imminent, we applier for and were granted the right to short sale the house.

- We stayed rent-free for a total of 16 months before the short sale went through. In the interim, the bank paid the taxes and the insurance.

- At close of escrow on the short sale, we noticed that the bank had paid the $970 homeowners insurance about two weeks prior...

- ...So we received a refund from the insurance company for about $940, even though the bank had paid them, not us. We checked with them to make sure this wasn't a mistake. They verified that we receive the refund, regardless of who paid. Sweet! That paid for half of our daughter's braces!

Comment

Congrats!

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
              Hey, here's a good one...

- We did a "stay and pay" on our mortgage. After our 341, we stopped paying. After discharge, we did everything we could to stall foreclosure. Insurance and taxes were escrowed in our mortgage payment.

- When foreclosure was imminent, we applier for and were granted the right to short sale the house.

- We stayed rent-free for a total of 16 months before the short sale went through. In the interim, the bank paid the taxes and the insurance.

- At close of escrow on the short sale, we noticed that the bank had paid the $970 homeowners insurance about two weeks prior...

- ...So we received a refund from the insurance company for about $940, even though the bank had paid them, not us. We checked with them to make sure this wasn't a mistake. They verified that we receive the refund, regardless of who paid. Sweet! That paid for half of our daughter's braces!

Comment

Our insurance company is still showing insurance coverage on our home thru our BOA escrow account even though new owners moved in a couple weeks ago after buying home at sheriff's sale! My agent says no one has contacted him that the house was no longer in our name. Wish I could get lucky enough to get a refund, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by tradinglife View Post
                  Our insurance company is still showing insurance coverage on our home thru our BOA escrow account even though new owners moved in a couple weeks ago after buying home at sheriff's sale! My agent says no one has contacted him that the house was no longer in our name. Wish I could get lucky enough to get a refund, lol!
                  So supply your agent with a copy of the closing statement and ask for your refund!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X