I think I am DONE!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am DONE!!!!!

So March 7th was my 61st day after my 341 meeting.

I know it's possible and even likely for a case to be both discharged and closed at the same time. I copied this from pacer:

Filed & Entered: 03/07/2012
    Close Bankruptcy Case
    19 Filed & Entered: 03/07/2012
    Discharge of Debtor
    20 Filed & Entered: 03/07/2012
    Order Approving Trustee's Report of No Distribution and Closing Estate

Am I finally done? Can anyone pinch me??

Congrats!

I too was closed and discharged same day on the 61st day..lol
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Cavedog...Congrats!!!
      Can you tell me if your trustee ever filed on PACER the report of No Distribution prior to the closing, or if that basically happened at the same time, ie, was entry #20 the only mention of this Report of No Distribution, or was the Report of No Distribution filed a while ago and only on 3/7 was actually approved? Also, do you happen to be in the Middle District of Florida, or one of the others?

Comment

There is no relief like finishing a bankruptcy. That's why we work with people. They obviously aren't happy at the start but the satisfaction of being done is something else. Congratulations.
        Advertising Link Removed by Moderator

Comment

Lawyerorland, Have you ever had a trustee wait for 40 or 50 days after discharge and then file a No asset report, or, is it more likely that if they have not filed anything with regard to assets by a month or 2 after discharge it means they think there is something worth pursuing and will turn it into an asset case?

Comment

Filed,

I posted this a couple months ago. I think it answers your question. Yes middle district - Orlando. Our 341 was on 1-6, and trustee basically reported no distribution that same day!
            "Hi all,

I found this on pacer. Sounds really good. We filed asset case (only about $800 over exemption amount). Sounds like our trustee (our 341 was friday and she posted this Friday!)

"Meeting of Creditors Held and Concluded on 1/6/2012. Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, , having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee."

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Cavedog, you are DONE. <pinch><pinch> Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by Cavedog View Post
                Filed,

I posted this a couple months ago. I think it answers your question. Yes middle district - Orlando. Our 341 was on 1-6, and trustee basically reported no distribution that same day!
                "Hi all,

I found this on pacer. Sounds really good. We filed asset case (only about $800 over exemption amount). "
                Cavedog, I am VERY happy for you!!! It sounds like you filed as an asset case, and ended up being a no asset case and declared so on basically the same day as your 341. Sounds like a very happy wrap up, and I thank you for sharing your information.
                Last edited by AngelinaCat; 03-08-2012, 05:27 PM. Reason: fixed quote problem

Comment

Surprised but happy for you that a FL tt let 800 bucks slip away.
                  Congrats!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

ok cavedog....pinch pinch....
                    hope you don't get black n blue from all this pinching.
                    so happy for you. good luck to you n yours.
                    Go forth and prosper!!!!
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words. I does feel good to be done with the hard part! And thanks for the hamsters!

Now I need to work my way down the forum to rebuilding credit!

Comment

Congrats!!! Hopefully we are right behind you!

Comment

Congrats to you all! I am on my 64th day and we are still waiting on discharge.. It will be over soon.

Comment

Pinching strangers is against my principles. I have hoisted a good 25 year old Scotch in your honor, so that will have to do. And thank you for the excuse to hoist said Scotch. You will do well, my friend. Sleep, and celebrate tomorrow!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X