top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy question, can we take the closet racks with us? Foreclosure sale set for 3/27.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy question, can we take the closet racks with us? Foreclosure sale set for 3/27.

We are an Asset Ch 7 case, discharged in 6/2011 and only have 2 payments left to our trustee THANK GOODNESS!!!

We did not reaffirm our mortgage and are in the middle of moving to our new home. We are okay with leaving the old home, under water way too much to make sense in staying. Question, can we take our closet racks with us? I know that sounds strange but we need them in our new house for our closets and don't want to purchase them.

They are wire racks and would leave some of our closets in the old house with nothing for the new home owners to hang their clothes on.

Do I need to care about this? What condition are we supposed to leave the house in? Having lived in our house for 14 years and taking all the pictures off the walls, curtains down and now the closet shelves there are a lot of holes. I hope it's the banks problem and not mine.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    DJ

I guess that that is a decision you need to make BUT until the title/deed is out of your name the house and its contents are yours. We are thinking about a few things in that respect ourselves right now (like the washer and dryer) and also we are thinking about selling some of the appliances before the sale so make some extra money for our move, or a moving sale and letting people come in and see what they would pay for things they want. It happens. Good Luck!

Comment

Some people have cemented the toilets up and pulled out a/c coils and other things, essentially making the house worthless.
      Personally I think a few racks are nothing in comparison to that-- that's pretty cold. OTOH often times folks leave the house perfect and the bank lets it go completely to ruin.
      I say, take the racks if it's worth the time taking them apart. Putting in a closet pole shouldn't be such a big deal if and when the house actually sells. Folks buying a foreclosure don't expect it to be perfect in every way.

Good luck with your move. Don't agonize too much over this.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I'd take everything that isn't wired in but If it were me I'd leave the toilet!
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

My daughter & her hub bought a Countrywide repo. WOW
          The former owners pulled out all the large wire (for the copper was our guess) to the range and the pumphouse and to the sump pump under the house. So we had no way to even know if the well was good.
          Ripped out the water heater and pulled up all the carpet leaving subfloor exposed.
          The house was in the process of being remodeled ...toilet had been installed in the middle of the bathroom with ventpipe next to it...you could walk completely around the toilet.
          The kids got into this with their eyes wide open (sort of). BOA required them to put in carpet and install a waterheater and get the well functioning B4 they would fund the loan. As soon as the bank apraiser left we took the carpet right back out and stored it. My ex and my DH spent days under that house getting the wiring back in...laying in the water from the pump not working.

Took months to get it livable.
          The shelves from the closet seems like small peanuts.
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X