garage sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garage sale?

How long after my 341 meeting can i get rid of some stuff? Like having a garage sale or just get rid of some junk that is listed as personal property?

I'd wait at least until my confirmation. This will probably explain whether your listed personal property is vested back to you or to remain as property of your bankruptcy estate. Most people I believe have their property vesting back to them at confirmation, but a few (mine included) imply that I must keep the property until the bankruptcy is discharged.

Comment

thanks for the reply... what and about when is the confirmation?

Comment

Sorry, I just realized you posted under the general forum not the chapter 13. I could be wrong, but if you are doing a chapter 7, then you probably only have to wait until your case is discharged, usually about 60 days after your 341.

Comment

You need to wait until the trustee declares you Asset, or No Asset--usually about 10-14 days after the 341. However, unless it is really small item stuff--such as 'assorted pots and pans', etc., it is best to wait until after you are discharged.

And since there was a 'confusion factor' about this thread, I will move it to the CH7 board.

Good wishes to you.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X