Please need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please need help

In 2005 After 11 years at my job. they closed and went to India. All my 6 credit cards where close to there limit. I continued to use them to pay my bills no luxury items but always payed the minimum every month, I had money from my 401k and savings. Four years later after using my last savings paid the minimum to all my cards. Still no job. I had 4 anxiety attacks and went to the hospital. My mother took me in helps me out. It has taken me almost three years to save for Bankruptcy. I also have 6 judgement against me. i have no assets. If i file For Bankruptcy could it be denied.

Absolutely not. You definitely will not get denied. I was in waaaay better shape than you, and I was not denied. You should have filed a looooooong time ago. 6 judgments are tough to get off your credit reports. Sorry to hear of your plight.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I know what you are feeling. I was max'd on CC cards and house was in foreclosure. I was struggling just to keep the utilities on. I was having anxiety attacks just like you...they can mimic heart attacks and I thought I was dying.

Fast forward to now......I read everything I could on bankruptcy's..(and in my case) home loan modifications) and the more I read and learned, the more I knew that it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

You do the same...it sounds to me like you are a prime candidate for bankruptcy. Go talk to some attorneys, get your bankruptcy filed and watch all of the debt that has been keeping you down disappear. I filed about a month ago and my 341 is in a week. I went from complete despair to almost elation at the prospect of having a complete new start.

You can do this too. Calm down and look ahead at what a bright future awaits you. And come here often and read what others have gone through. It is very comforting to see how they have also achieved success and are living awesome debt free lives now. Tons of great info here too!!!

Welcome to the family!! Good luck.

DM

Comment

Hi, start with making appointments for your "free" consults with bankruptcy attorneys in your area. Interview at least 2 or 3 (or more) until you feel very comfortable with one. Do not base it on the fee they will charge but ask them alot of questions about your case. You will find out alot of info that will make you feel better. Then read everything on this site that you can, everything. The information here on this site and the people will bring a much better perspective to you and you will start to take control of your life again. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by DaisysMom View Post
          I know what you are feeling. I was max'd on CC cards and house was in foreclosure. I was struggling just to keep the utilities on. I was having anxiety attacks just like you...they can mimic heart attacks and I thought I was dying.

DM
          I had what turned out to be an anxiety attack in January. My heart was racing and skipping for days. You go to bed and your heart is thumping like a son-of-a-gun.

Despite being unemployed, I had to go to the emergency room on a Sunday night. They treated me like a heart attack victim (bp 165/145). Many test and hours later they said I was ok.........just anxiety.

I could not believe that. I thought I was handling everything as calm as possible, but my body said otherwise.

They gave me a perscription for Lorazepam.......eight 2mg pills. I did not refill since I don't want to get on that path. I do use 3mg OTC Melatonin to help me sleep.

Yup, the stress can really get to you.

Comment

Not to turn this into a thread about anxiety and heart attacks, but if you are in distress, chest pain, palpitations, heart symptoms...please don't assume it is just anxiety. Get it checked out!! The above poster and I were lucky that it was just anxiety, but the potential is there to have had a much more serious diagnosis.

So if you are having symptoms, get checked. Only a medical professional can diagnose what the problem may be.

DM

PS...And then come back here and get the help you need to plan your "New Start" and join our family.

DM

Comment

I thought i could be deny for using the Credit cards without working.

Comment

Originally posted by hakaider View Post
                I thought i could be deny for using the Credit cards without working.
                You wouldn't be the first person by a long shot to use credit to pay your bills during a lengthy unemployment and then found the hole too deep and filed bk. That won't be an issue.
                Thing is, you still have to support yourself post bk. You don't won't to file and be no better off financially than before you filed.
                Were I you, I'd focus my efforts on finding a job that had health insurance benefits. Bk will always be there once you have a basic safety net in place.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I have been so stress that i would be accuse of fraud. In 3 month i have lost 50 pounds. My family is worry about me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X