Cash in bank date of file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash in bank date of file?

Would like other thoughts of cash in the bank on the date of file. I am about to file early next week.

Asked if I should get a check for my tax check or direct deposit and was told it didn't matter, the money would be exempt. Got federal yesterday, about $3000 and expect about $1000 from state soon.

Also just need to get term life or make charitable contribution because I am a little over for means test for a 7. I need about $100 monthly. What is easier, getting the insurance or charitable contribution? She said either will not raise suspicion. Any thoughts? ( should I put this in another thread?)

Cannot speak to New York Exemptions, but if it is exempt, it is exempt.

As for expense planning, the life insurance is the better way to go as that creates a long term, contractual obligation. With Charitable contributions, you would need to show a history of making such contributions, which, based on your post, doesn't appear to exist.

Comment

Thanks

I do have an appointment on Monday for the insurance. Wanting to go the non-medical testing route due to time being an issue. She said once I get something from an agent I send to her and get filed. Got to file by the end of this month, I think my tax refund will not be good for means test if I file in May.

Comment

All I can add is that. Wells Fargo seized all the money in an account that my husband had his SS# on. a day or so after we filed. Beware.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X