Deadline to object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadline to object

We had an asset chapter 7 that was discharged in Feb. We obliged with all the monies that the trustee requested. Yesterday we recieved in the mail a "notice of trustees final report and applications for compensation and deadline to object." It lists the division of my 6 creditors but gives 21 days for objections I guess for other listed cards that I had to claim the money. Am I getting close to being closed? How much longer?

Closer, yes, so long as others don't object. If they haven't filed yet they are unlikely to. Depends on the amount of money involved. A few thou divided between 6 creditors likely isn't worth the effort to object and make a claim; however, if we are talking tens of thousands then I'd expect more to come forward.

Otherwise it is just a waiting game. Asset cases can take up to two years to discharge and close, but the average time is usually much shorter than that. Hard to say - all districts are different.

Comment

The amount was 4600. There is no one else that I owe though. Just want to put this behind us. Been a long road.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X