Received discharge today!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received discharge today!!!

We received our discharge today, but a quick question, how long does it usually take to have the case closed.

Thanks!!!

Congrats on your discharge!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

If you're no asset, the closing should be pretty fast. Mine was closed 3 days after discharge.

Comment

Seems to vary, doesn't it?

We are no asset, discharged 4/19 and still waiting for closing.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The way to GOOOO!!! I am so glad for you. You have a nice long weekend to celebrate! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to your new life!

Comment

I was told usually the same time, but I guess it could vary depending on your state and the backlog. I would think it would be soon.

Comment

Party at Rooster's place this weekend! Everyone is invited!

Hey - congrats! Closing a non-asset case might take days to weeks but probably not months. If not closed in a month or two, call and see if the clerk's office will close it while you are on the phone.

Comment

Thanks everyone....kind of a weird feeling that we are discharged...we stopped paying cc almost 3 years ago, and prolonged filing as long as possible, because I was petrified to do it even though I knew that it was inevitable. If I knew then what I know now, I would have done it 3 years ago.

I seriously cannot believe with the exception of our mortgage and car payment we are absolutely DEBT FREE!!!!

Then economy was horrible to us 3 + years ago...but to be honest, I would'nt change a thing, even the bad stuff, we came through it and stronger because of it!

Comment

congrats to you rooster....life does get pretty great. It's almost a year and a half since discharge for me and i can still hardly believe it's real.
                    Have a great life.
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Congrats on your discharge, enjoy your fresh start!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X