top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paying attorney on Tuesday, question on paying bills that are due?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying attorney on Tuesday, question on paying bills that are due?

I am finally going to pay my attorney on Tuesday to start the chapter 7 process. Any chance I can skip 2 months of student loan payments?? If I am keeping my car, do I still pay my credit union for the car payment??

I kept paying everything that I intended to keep, house, car utilities. everything else I stopped paying on per my lawyers advice.

Comment

If you intend to keep the car, keep paying. Federal student loans, I believe, go into forbearance once you file, but will incur interest just the same. You will incur late payment fees and interest by withholding payments that are due before you file and will have to make those payments up after discharge.

Unsecured debt - credit cards - medical debt - secured debts that you intend to relinquish in the BK (boat, third car, etc) - stop as soon as your atty says stop, which will likely be immediately (depending on when your actual filing will occur). Mortgage? Depends on whether you intend to keep it - devise that strategy w/ the atty. Rent, utilities, etc - keep paying.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X