Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

means test/403b

I may not pass the means test.
    Would it help me if I increased the monthly amount that goes into my 403b?
    How about if I took out some AFLAC supplemental insurance?

AFLAC is a good idea. Lowering deductibles (thereby increasing premiums) on homeowners and car insurance is also a good idea. Do you have term life insurance?

Not sure about the 403b contributions so hopefully someone else can chime in with opinions or advice.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

The insurance route is usually a good way to go.

Increasing 403(b) contribution, that is more dicey. Generally it is okay to do so, but within reason.

Comment

I raised my health insurance premium and it helped me a lot.

Kathy

Comment

Raising insurance premiums by lowering deductibles also helps because you don't have the money for the larger deductible anyway...right?

Suddenly increasing contributions into other accounts - 401(k), IRA, 403(B), etc - will attract unnecessary and unwanted scrutiny. Better to spend on useful and allowable expenses. Do you have a term life policy?

Comment

No life insurance policy. I have no kids or partner to pass money on to.
            Thnx for tip on unwanted scrutiny. I should change my coverage from HMO to PPO I see. Must look into it. Oh yeah, it can only be done once a year. Someone posted that time is on my side which gives me great comfort.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X