Red Flag to Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Flag to Trustee

Suppose I increased my health insurance & 403b to help with the means test. How long would I have to have these in place to not arouse interest by the trustee?

At least a year, preferably two. The more time you can let pass, the better. Otherwise it can look like you are hiding assets.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Lowering deductibles and contributing to an ERISA qualified retirement account isn't hiding assets.
      You should have zero issues with your insurance premium. Health insurance is a viable expense and lowering your deductible protects you from higher medical bills.
      Ask your lawyer how trustees handle 401K and 403B contributions in your area. Many trustees will allow you to contribute up to the employer match.

Comment

You could consider term life insurance, disability insurance and lowering your deductibles on renters, homeowners and auto insurance policies, too. A thousand dollar deductible is hard to come up with fresh out of a bankruptcy.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X