Post Filing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Filing ?

I filed last week and got a letter of Debtor Compliance and my 341 hearing date in 24 days on yesterday. I assume that's a good thing. My phone didn't ring with bill collectors at 6am like it had been doing. My brother also called me to let me know that he got a letter about a bankruptcy and that I still owe him $500.

I was wondering when I should expect a request for documents from the trustee. If I don't get a request should I simply bring last year's tax transcript, 6 mo. pay stubs, SS card, and ID? Or is it ok to contact the trustee and ask what to bring?

Here is what I had to have for my 341 meeting.My id , ss card, 2 mos bkstatements, last 2 yrs of tax returns. Car registration, last 2 quartly pension statements, I was uemployed so I was only drawing my pension. It was no big deal, 5 mins at most. Good luck on your fresh start. This site was a great help to me.
    Last edited by Floridagail; 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM. Reason: add
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I am assuming that you filed pro se. You will get communication from your trustee with a request for documents. When you do, comply with the request and the manner in which the trustee asks you to send them.

Your problem is going to be your brother. He is a creditor, and has been duly notified by the court of your 'Suggestion of Bankruptcy'--as have all of your other creditors that you listed on your Creditor Matrix.

Your brother needs to understand that you WILL pay him back, but you cannot until after you have been Discharged. If you attempt to pay any one debt back outside of your Ch7 Bankruptcy, you risk having your entire case being thrown out, and if that happens, you cannot BK against those debts.

I hope your brother will understand that and will be patient until after you are Discharged.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X