Discharge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge!

Some of you may remember me from my few posts in late March/early April. We had our creditors meeting on 4/6/12 and it went well. My husband had just started a new job after being laid off for 4 months and we were on our way to our fresh start and finally we both had some peace.

Literally, less than one week after our creditors meeting my husband started having swelling in his legs and stomach. He hadn't felt 100% for a few months but he didn't have insurance and we just thought it was the flu or something. Well on 4/15/12 he was diagnosed with Lymphoma at age 35. He was admitted to the hospital in our town and then transferred to OHSU which is in Portland Oregon the next day. He spent 2.5 weeks there and was finally diagnosed with highly aggressive Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma, stage 4. His liver and bone marrow were completely taken over by lymphoma.

Had we not got him to the doctor he probably would have died that week. His body was shutting down and had been slowly for months we later found out. He is now home and we go to OHSU for inpatient chemo every three weeks for 5 days. He can't work now and I have lost 1 week of work per month to transport him three hours away each way and stay at the hospital with him.

Literally within 3 weeks of our creditors meeting we have accumulated $250,000 in medical bills because he didn't have insurance. We had to buy him a FMIP (through Blue Cross) plan which accepts people with serious medical conditions without preexisting clauses. It is $437 per month. We are now financially worse off than we were prior to filing chapter 7 but honestly I don't care about a penny of it, I just want my husband to recover and make it through this.

We put our banko on the back burner obviously for the last two months and today I got notice we were discharged. Now the trustee just has to pay out the $2500 he got from us to our state and federal taxes and our case should close.

I know this was long winded but there were some of you that were so helpful and private messaged me when I was so nervous about the creditor's meeting and I wanted to let you know I didn't just bail from the board and ignore your messages.

I hope everyone is doing well in their chapter 7 process!
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 06-10-2012, 06:16 AM. Reason: make post easier to read.
    Consulted attorney 8/2010 - Finalized mortgage loan modification 9/2011 - Filed Chapter 7 ASSET case 2/27/2012 - 341 Meeting 4/6/2012
    With God, all things are possible!

I can't even find words . . .

I am just so so sorry that you and your husband have to go through this.

I just know that everyone on this board will be thinking of you and hoping that your husband recovers.
    Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
    November 2010
    Closed: January 2011!!!

Comment

Im so sorry to hear of your troubles, atleast you did catch it before it was too late. If you used a lawyer to file, Its worth atleast talking to him/her to see if there is anything that can be done since the case is not closed yet... I am sure someone will add more info that maybe can help you out.

Comment

Congratulations on your Discharge, but I certainly am sorry to read of your husband's health situation. Normally, I would be posting your Hamster Troupe for your Victory Dance, but under the circumstances, that doesn't seem right. I will wait until you post that he is very much better. Meanwhile, the both of you are in our prayers.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I am so sorry that you and your husband are going through this. You both will be in my prayers.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X