top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 days after our 341 is up this week, how long before discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 days after our 341 is up this week, how long before discharge?

Our 60 days is up this week and I was wondering how soon should I expect a discharge or what happens next? We are a Ch 7, no asset case.

thanks!

My 60 day mark was up on May 29th. I received my discharge in the mail on June 8th. Called my attorney and asked what's next? He told me I was done and his office would send my all the final paperwork regarding my BK7 within two weeks.

I know what you're thinking? All the stress and worry and then a letter and thats it. Now we start rebuilding and learn from this experience.

Good luck...

Comment

Hi hmsmth:

Here is what I posted about this on another thread last week:

The 60th day is the very last day that your creditors have to file an objection to the discharged of the debt you owe to them. In some districts, this may end at the close of the business day for the court; in others it may be at 11:59 PM.

The earliest that a discharge will happen is on the 61st day, and many factors can affect that. Your district may or may not automatically discharge no asset cases. In other districts it will be done manually. Many courts are backlogged, and it may be several days or even weeks before the discharge happens.

If it looks like it is taking way too long, call the clerk of your BK court and ask to speak to your case managers. Who that person is, depends on your case number, so have it handy. Say that you are asking a 'procedural question', and that you are wishing to make to make sure that everything is okay in your file, and that you aren't missing anything.

Other than that, it is 'hurry up and wait.' Good luck!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks so much, today is day 60! I thought this day would NEVER come!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X