medical bill question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

medical bill question...

not to go into my whole background on here again... you can check my previous posts for my situation... but i will not look to file for about 10 more months to avoid preferential payments.

however, what do i do about my medical bills? i know that they are dischargable in BK... but i have a 3 year old and a 9 month old that have doctors they currently see. i have a health savings account that i pay $700/month and then pay the "negotiated rate" between the doc and the insurance company until i meet a $5k deductible. they both obviously go to a pediatrician and the younger one goes every 6 months to childrens hospital of philadelphia. i am not too far behind on these bills and i just had a decent check come in. i am thinking about squaring up about $1000 in overdue medical. is this wise? i mean, i need to see these doctors and if i don't pay... i doubt they will keep seeing my kids.

also, how would it look to a trustee 10 months from now that i chose to pay medical and not CCs?

just curious to get some thoughts on this matter.

Hi,
    The way my lawyer told me and I live in Pa is if you like your doctors pay them as they can stop seeing you so we like our Drs and we pay the co-payment. The hospital side like blood work,cat scan and the like she advised not to pay we deal with a non-profit hospital and then can not turn anyone away so we are not paying them.
    Pam

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X