Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

Hello good people of BKF

My brother in law is thinking about filling Chapter7. I told him that i would look up some information for him and all. So i come here, to ask for your help in deciding whether Chap7 is good move for him or there other alternatives? I understand for that you need information, please let me know kind of information you need to make a go or no go decision. Thank you for all your help.

ZJ
    Bankruptcy filed: 2002

Current Status:
    Cleaning up CR

A so called "go, no go" decision is easy...is he in debt and cannot foreseeably pay it back? If the answer is, yes he is in debt (presumably, why else would you be here) and no, he cannot pay it back in a reasonable amount of time (e.g. 3 years), he is going to file BK. Everything else is just window dressing.

Basically, there are just too many issues to cover and to many potential roads to go down as far as information...why don't you simply share the concerns your brother in law now has?

Comment

Yes, he will be going with BK and lawyer gave him the following list of things that he needS. Is there anything he needs to be aware off. He does have reliable means of transportation to and from work(company truck)

- Copies of pay stubs for past 6 months
      - Copies of your fed and state income tax return for the past 2yrs
      - Copies of all court paper filed against you or that you have filed against someone
      - Copies of titles or registration to all vehicles in your possession
      - Copy of your social security card
      - Copy of your drivers license
      - pre-bk credit counseling cert. for all person filing bk, please visit wwwDOTcricketdebitDOTcom

Current Status:
      Cleaning up CR

Comment

For me one of the attorneys I saw put it this way, when your debt is more than half your income it's time to file..

Comment

So are there do's and dont's about this list?

- Copies of pay stubs for past 6 months
          - Copies of your fed and state income tax return for the past 2yrs
          - Copies of all court paper filed against you or that you have filed against someone
          - Copies of titles or registration to all vehicles in your possession
          - Copy of your social security card
          - Copy of your drivers license
          - pre-bk credit counseling cert. for all person filing bk, please visit wwwDOTcricketdebitDOTcom

Current Status:
          Cleaning up CR

Comment

Only do's..... Give them everything they need as soon as possible.

Comment

Here's another "do":
              send the guy here so he can edumacate himself

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X