Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95K in CC Debt

Hi,

I need some advise. Between myself and my wife we owe 95k in CC debt. It costs us $2500 per month. . Anyway the time has now come where this debt is just choking us. My debt is about 70k and my wifes is 25k. Should we file joint bankruptcy or just for me?

Both of you is always best from what I have been reading here. The experts will be along soon to give you there wisdom

Comment

No one on this board know's your entire situation, talk with an bankruptcy attorney.

Comment

Hi Larman, welcome to the forum! You are in the right place.

Almost surely you will wind up doing joint. Do you own a house together? Any other shared debt? At any rate if you both wind up having to file you'll save on attorney fees by doing it all at once.

There are some instances where this might not make sense, but we don't know your whole story. Why not give us some more details? Income, etc too.
        Do go for some free consults, let us know what you learn.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Oh and btw... that's a pretty typical scenario here. Few of us would bat at eye at your debt level. :0

Read a bunch of posts and get comfortable here while you are waiting.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Generally, it is better to do a joint BK if both spouses have debt...you want the BEST fresh start you can get. Why only go half way...no benefit to doing so.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I am pretty close to not qualifying on the means test. I really do not want to go Chpt 13.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X