Question regarding bk closed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding bk closed.

My wife and I filed in Aug of last year, had the 341 meeting in Oct and were discharged in December. We are still waiting for notice that our bk case has been closed. Is it normal for it to take this long?

If you were a chapter 7 asset case, it's not unusual at all.

If you were a chapter 7 asset case, have you seen the trustee's report of distribution?
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      If you were a chapter 7 asset case, it's not unusual at all.

If you were a chapter 7 asset case, have you seen the trustee's report of distribution?
      Not sure if we were asset or not. Taking in to consideration all the exemptions we did not have to surrender any real estate, personal belongings or cash. Does that make it a no asset? And no we have not seen any kind of report of distribution from the trustee.

Comment

You are either an asset or no asset chapter 7 case. You should find that information on your petition.

If you were an asset case, it could take a year or longer to close.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Was the trustee, perhaps, interested in getting your tax refund (if any).

Did you take your 2nd debt management course and file the certificate?

However, to answer your question, yes, that is unusual (unless there was something for the trustee to distribute to creditors, i.e. asset case).

Simple call the BK clerk for your district and ask. Sometimes there are oversights (e.g. trustee forgets to file something, the clerk didn't check the correct box on the computer screen). If there is no reason that it is still open, the clerk will get it closed within a few days, typically.

Comment

Just called the bk office for my district and found out that my case closed on January 31st. I was supposed to get a notice in the mail but never did.

Comment

BTW, thanks to all you guys for your help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X