Final decree in the mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final decree in the mail

I am just wondering how long after your chapter 7 is discharged from the court, do you receive in the mail from the bankruptcy court the paper version of your final bankruptcy decree? The reason I am asking is I live with people who are unaware of my situation and I am trying to keep it that way, so I wanted to be on the lookout for the mail. It would be useless to have my mail held at the post office, as they always let some of the mail slip through when I do that. Thanks for any replies.

I received mine just a few days after it was entered on Pacer.

Comment

Our paper copy was postmarked the same day as PACER noted it discharged. So watching the mailbox for a few days after that would be my best suggestion.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thank you both for your replies.

Comment

I received in the mail what appears to be my final decree. It came from the bankruptcy court but also had my lawyers return address on it, strange. It is a single piece of paper that has my name, address, ss# and states "Discharge Of Debitor" It appears the that the debtor is entitled to a discharge. It is so ordered.

My question is, is that all I get? Like I originally stated I live with others and am trying to keep this private. Do I get any other paperwork? Thanks!

Comment

That's all you get.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X