top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 meeing coming. Big question leaves open before it. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have inlaws keep a close watch on their credit reports. My husband filed alone and after discharge I pulled my report just to check it and there were 2 mentions of his accounts on it (I had no affliation with these accounts or the banks involved). Had to dispute them to get them off. PITA but they finally removed them. Just have them keep a close watch on them. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
      If your wife appears on the title of the home it might - MIGHT - become a target for creditors who might - MIGHT - grasp at straws and try to attach a lien. While they would not have any legal means to do so, unraveling the lien is sometimes about as easy as putting the toothpaste back in the tube. However, I'd say that the chances are slim that there would be any trouble. It is easy to show that your wife is there solely for qualifying for the loan and has no fiscal responsibility. As LIR says above, there is also a chance that the bank will not take kindly to the BK and might ask to recast the loan and title...but generally banks are content to just get their check on time every month.

Is the property in the same state? Also...have your in-laws filed for a homestead? An out-of-state property, and/or one with a homestead filed on it make it much less likely that a Trustee will find it to be a worthwhile a$$et to pursue, especially in this housing market. Just an opinion.

As far as their credit is concerned, if anything does ding them it would be something fairly easy to reverse, since the BK is not theirs.
      The house is in the same state. To complicated things, the house also has the CITY name on it as they are Special Below Market Rate purchase. I really don't want them to accelerate the loan for collection. My in laws have been paying on time every month.

But I am crossing my finger about what happen to the loan after our BK. I am trying to find the contact at the credit union side so I can get prepare for whatever will happen.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X