top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it necessary to keep receipts when before/during BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it necessary to keep receipts when before/during BK?

Granted we use our debit card for a lot of transactions. We also pay a lot of things through cash. We are planning on fileing soon. What do you guys suggest??

No one has reported being asked for them since I've been here. But I keep mine anyway. Just in case.
    It can't hurt....and it might be helpful for determining one's budget.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

We weren't asked for receipts either, but I am 'anal' about keeping receipts and making an Excel spreadsheet to track where the money goes..... a

While we were in the active BK, I kept all receipts, and they are in a three ring binder, filed by year, month, date... Just in case!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Keep them.

While it is rare that they come in handy, you cannot find a better eyewitness to a questioned transaction. Especially if you pay cash.

Comment

Consensus is keep them. Like chicken soup, it may not help but it will not hurt. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I'd say keep the ones for the large transactions, anything over $100. Just to show where the cash went.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X