Filed and waiting for the 341 --- At Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed and waiting for the 341 --- At Last

My chapter 7 meltdown has been filed, finally.

I signed the papers not knowing exactly when it would be, just hoping it would be within the following 3 weeks or so. And so it was. I kept checking the Pacer voice system, and hey, that thing updates the same day!

In the process of registering for Pacer, I sacrificed one of my zero balance CCs. The registration went ok, but the card was shut down right away afterwards, I can't even log onto the Bank of America account site anymore, so that one is toast. At least it allowed me to get a Pacer login right away instead of waiting to get one by mail. I'd only used the CC because the warnings about overdrafts scared me. All is ok now, after I gave the Pacer account a debit card to un-disable it.

Morbid curiosity led me to try to logon to my other zero balance accounts. The Cap one card account will let me login, but it says 'restricted' in red letters under the credit limit amount. I'm grateful for that, I understand it, and it's better than suddenly not being able to login at all, and I know I can't use the account to charge, but it kind of leaves things open, like maybe it will be restored to me later, in some lesser credit limit way? Anybody else experienced this with Cap One?

(Whispering here: one of the citi cards is still ok, just like nothing has happened -- gasp! )

Of course I'm scared chitless of the whole mess I've made, and paranoid as hell, and do the CC companies read these posts and try to match up filings with us? I've got a credit union mad at me, too. I never knew this, but CUs are the meanest, especially when they have no car weapon to clobber you with.

All the posts here have been so helpful, so thanks to everyone here!

It is normal for you to be anxious about your bk. I know no one who was not. As far as the card not locked up that you said still works, check your matrix to make sure it was listed. Credit unions are naturally more cogent of bad debts as they (in theory) are not for profit/member owned. So each member has a share. The laws are close but not exactly the same as banks rules. If you use PACER sparingly, you will not get a payable PACER bill below $10. It is .08 cents to open a page and forgiven below the ten buck amount. Best just to look at the index page for any changes since last look. Avoid reopening familiar pages or save the page to your hard drive. I believe the meat of the pages are published in pdf format. Best to you. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      It is normal for you to be anxious about your bk. I know no one who was not. As far as the card not locked up that you said still works, check your matrix to make sure it was listed.
      I did not actually try to use the card, I'd be afraid to, now, for fear it would pop like a balloon. It's one of the zero balance cards not included in the bk. No, the account login still works, and the account looks the same as it did a month ago, which is a little surprising. A different Citi card that was included in the bk will no longer allow me to log into the account, so it definitely has had some effect on that one. And of course my mortgage payment reminder has stopped, they reminded me by email of the fact they aren't going to be reminding me of anything for awhile.

I was able to download the petition from Pacer, and that was the most expensive item, the rest seems pretty cheap, to just do a docket query to see what's going on. Since the quarter ends soon, I probably could look at a lot more stuff, but am too wary of making a mistake and being billed for lots of stuff I don't want to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by kawh View Post
        It's one of the zero balance cards not included in the bk...
        I'm confused by this. What do you mean it's not included in the BK?? I am under the impression that all of your creditors (whether zero balance or not) must be included. Are the rules different for a chapter 7 than a chapter 13?
        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

I did not actually try to use the card, I'd be afraid to, now, for fear it would pop like a balloon. It's one of the zero balance cards not included in the bk. No, the account login still works, and the account looks the same as it did a month ago, which is a little surprising. A different Citi card that was included in the bk will no longer allow me to log into the account, so it definitely has had some effect on that one. And of course my mortgage payment reminder has stopped, they reminded me by email of the fact they aren't going to be reminding me of anything for awhile.

I was able to download the petition from Pacer, and that was the most expensive item, the rest seems pretty cheap, to just do a docket query to see what's going on. Since the quarter ends soon, I probably could look at a lot more stuff, but am too wary of making a mistake and being billed for lots of stuff I don't want to pay.
          Actually you are not allowed to incur new debt while in bk. I made that mistake as many more mistakes out of ignorance until I found this site. I got away with it without chastisement. I am and was surprised that we were not dismissed for various reasons. I had a good Trustee but it cost me a bunch that I would not have had to pay if I had known the basics do's and don't's. But it will never happen again as we are debt free and intend to stay that way. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
            I'm confused by this. What do you mean it's not included in the BK?? I am under the impression that all of your creditors (whether zero balance or not) must be included. Are the rules different for a chapter 7 than a chapter 13?
            If there is a 0 balance, there is not a debtor/creditor relationship. No money is owed, there nothing to file.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Please know that you can rack up $$$ in checking PACER all the time, so word of caution there.

The best thing to do is check once a week (we used to do it on Mondays - to allow for previous wk & weekend updating) - and then SAVED whatever we pulled and paid for, to our computer. This way we always had access to it should we need to look at it again. We never were billed for PACER through our entire 9+ months from filing to confirmation as well as the AP we had.

You dont want to end up with a huge bill

Comment

Thanks Pandora, that is what I plan to do, just check it weekly. Right now it's saying some pay advices have not been filed, though. Will have to follow up on that, if it doesn't go away soon, as I know I gave all of them to my lawyer.

thebajan, some lawyers want all accounts listed in case there is some charge that crops up, it will be covered. And having that rigid rule must keep them from the extra work of having to add creditors to the schedules when somebody has to charge something or forgets. That's the reason I think they require them all, and some other thread here said the lawyer puts $1 as the amount owed.

Comment

Thanks Pandora, that is what I plan to do, just check it weekly. Right now it's saying some pay advices have not been filed, though. Will have to follow up on that, if it doesn't go away soon, as I know I gave all of them to my lawyer.

thebajan, some lawyers want all accounts listed in case there is some charge that crops up, it will be covered. And having that rigid rule must keep them from the extra work of having to add creditors to the schedules when somebody has to charge something or forgets. That's the reason I think they require them all, and some other thread here said the lawyer puts $1 as the amount owed.
                  This is true. We had an open lawsuit that was going stale. However it was not resolved so a buck is a "place saver". My enemy never pursued real law but bled us to death. He caused our demise, but he since has passed away. Karma is real. 'Hub

Comment

If you use PACER sparingly, you will not get a payable PACER bill below $10. It is .08 cents to open a page and forgiven below the ten buck amount.
                    This changed earlier this year - it's now 10 cents a page, and your fees are waived if you don't go over $15.00 during the quarter. I think this quarter ends September 30. I still like to check under "Review Billing History," because sometimes my running balance is more than I realized.

To kawh - I've read that some people's zero-balance cards stay open after discharge and some are closed. Regarding the last question in your first post, I'm paranoid too, but I can't imagine that credit card companies come here to match up people will their posts. Even if they did come here, I think they'd be looking for someone admitting major fraud, and then I'm pretty sure they'd have to subpoena your ISP to find out who you were. But I really doubt any of that would happen.

Comment

Kawh and frogger,
                      Thank you both for the clarification. My lawyer did ask for everyone including someone I didn't owe money to but the possibility was there that this person MIGHT have sued me at some point for breach of contract.
                      Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                      Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X