Intake meeting today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake meeting today!

I have my intake meeting today. I feel like I am officially beginning my journey. Passed the means test last month for a chapter 7 (over median). Anyone have any advice for me before I go? Thanks!

I don't understand what you mean by 'intake meeting.'

If you mean the meeting where you review and sign your paperwork before it is filed, then my advice is to go over every page with a fine tooth comb. Make sure any mistakes are fixed, even if the attorney says that it doesn't matter. Once the corrected page comes out of the printer, go over that. You can file amendments, but you want your petition as correct as possible before you sign. That helps cut down on problems.

Good luck!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Good question. My lawyer's office schedules an "intake meeting" after the means test calculation, but before the signing appointment to make sure they have everything they need to prepare all the schedules (I think). I'm bringing a bunch of docs to this meeting. We aren't filing until October...

Comment

Good luck. Remember.... bankruptcy is a process, not an event.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X